Chapter Nineteen~ He. Did. What?~

Chapter Nineteen

Alex

**************

"Keep your hands up!" Jace instructed.

"They are up!" I snapped. For about a week now I've been training, on my own and with Jace's help. I worked by myself when ever Jace was doing something for the pack, or when he was asleep. Today had been doing this for three hours now with no breaks. The only break I actually got was when he tossed me on my ass and I could rest for a few seconds.

Next thing I know I'm back on my ass, staring up at my mate.

"Not up enough."

I sighed, closed my eyes, and laid down on the mat, panting heavily. I felt him kneel next to me and brush some hair out of my face.

"As much as I love to see you panting while below me, you need to get up." he said. My eyes snapped open and I blushed. He chuckled. "Cmon." he stood and offered me his hand. "I can't have you collapsing from exhaustion."

I grunted as I stood with his help and wobbled on my feet. Jace caught my upper arms as I fell forward.

"Woah. Are you alright?" he asked worried.

"I'm fine." I panted. "Just... a bit tired... is all."

"You're exhausted." he said. He sighed and scooped me up into his arms. I squirmed a bit, but hr tightened his grip on me.

"I'm fine. Let me down. I'll rest for a few minutes and then we can continue." Before I had even finished my words, he was shaking his head at me.

"Alex, you're exhausted. If you keep this up you'll overexert yourself, and collapse." Jace carried me to the kitchen, where is parents were. Great. Feel free to note my sarcasm.

"Mom, dad." Jace greeted.

"Hey sweeties." Mrs. Lenix said. I nodded and smiled politely, not really enough energy to talk. Jace set me down on the counter next to the fridge. He moved away after giving me a kiss on my forehead to get some water. I hung my head down as my head spun. I took a deep breath as Jace came back in front of me.

"Are you alright, baby?" he asked, handing me the water which I greedily drank.

I nodded as I finished my drink. "Just a bit tired. I'll be ready again in an hour."

"No. We're done for today."

"Jace no-"

"No." he said sternly. "I will not have you passed out on the floor from exhaustion. I know your limits, and you're pushing it."

"But-" I started.

"Which is exactly what she should be doing." Mr. Lenix said. "If she pushes herself she can be strong."

"No. Today she has pushed too far. She's barely conscious as it is." Jace glared at his father. He stood back as I jumped off the counter and onto the floor. As soon as my feet hit the floor I swayed and collapsed in Jace's arms. "Alex!" he called.

"Sweetheart, are you alright?" Mrs. Lenix asked, rushing over to us.

"I-I'm fine." I panted.

"No you are not fine Alex." Jace countered. "I told you to rest an hour ago. I knew I should've made you stop then."

"He's right sweetheart. You need to know your limits and you should've stopped sooner." Mrs. Lenix said.

Jace picked me up again and carried me to our room. He gently set me down on the bed and went into the bathroom. He came back with a bowl of water and a wash cloth. He sat down beside me and wet the cloth. He fanned my forehead with the cool, wet, refreshing cloth. He did that for a while until I sat up, making him stop.