Chapter Thirty Two ~Distraction

Chapter Thirty Two

Distraction

Alex

******

We've been engaged for three weeks.

I'm due in just over two weeks.

No one has heard anything from Carl or Lane in almost 9 months.

Gram and Brant are getting married. (Double wedding!)

My mother and Lucas are engaged.

Layla is pregnant.

And Jace's father has actually come to accept me.

Things could not be better. Everything is exactly how it should be.

Well...almost everything.

I can't wait to hold my son in my arms. Jace still thinks it's a girl. He wants Julianne for a girl and Malcom for a boy. I want Angelica for a girl and Chance for a boy. I'm wearing him down day by day so I think I'll win this one.

I was pulled from my thoughts with my own giggles as Jace nibbled on my neck from behind, wrapping his arms around to me rest his hands on my swollen belly. I was standing in front of the window in our room that overlooked the area where Jace, Blake, Brant and Gram were building our child's play set.

"Not much longer now," he sighed, kissing away the slight sting on my neck. "You should be resting, I'm sure your feet are hurting."

That's another thing. For the past two weeks my feet were killing me! I couldn't stand for more than a couple minutes without having to sit down from one, being tired and two, my feet hurting. I don't know if that's normal, but I do know that pregnancies are as varied as the expecting mothers.

"And you should take a shower," I said. "You smell." And it was true. He had just come in from putting everything together and the others were still working.

"I'm not done yet," he said, turning me to face him. "I just wanted to check on you."

"I finished cooking lunch for you boys just a few minutes ago," I said. "I was just about to sit down and read the rest of my book."

"Alright," he nodded, kissing my forehead. "We should be done soon and when we are I'll give you your daily foot massage, and then we'll cuddle until we get hungry and then we'll order some take out. That sound good?"

"That sounds perfect," I smiled. He returned the smile, pecked me on the lips, and went back out to the guys. I sighed and cracked my neck a bit because of the aches and I found a comfortable position on the small couch in our room. I took a deep breath and mentally prepared myself for the emotional roller coaster of the Tiger's Curse by Collen Houck. I was already half way through and my heart was in pain.

A few hours later I had finished the first book and was enthralled in the second one, Tiger's Quest. So enthralled in fact, that I didn't notice Jace come in and take a shower. When I looked up it was because Jace put his hand between the pages and pulled it down a little. I looked up to see his hair still slightly damp from his shower and a sparkle in his eyes. He was laughing a little too.

"What?" I chuckled.

"I've never seen someone so immersed in something before," he said. "Honestly I'm a little jealous."

"Well there's no need," I assured. "Kelsey will end up with Ren, Kishan will do something with himself, and I'll be with you so it all works out in the end."

He was confused; he had no idea what I was talking about, but he smiled anyway and kissed my forehead. He then gently kissed down my body until he got to my feet. He took my flats off and began to massage them softly, but with enough pressure to make me feel it. I bit my lip to hold in a groan. God, did he have magic hands. While he rubbed my feet I tried to go back to my book. I was on chapter 8 and things were getting good between Ren and Kelsey.