Chapter two - Scared

• Dedicated to the people who take the time to comment

*Revised*

Alex

     The next three classes went exactly the same as the first one. Well, except the end. I wasn't pushed up against a wall again so I guess that's good.

     I was always seated by Jace after I said the same few things about myself in front of a class room. He would always have his arm around my shoulder and would play with a strand of my hair. I felt the same weird sparks every time. I think I'm going crazy. I couldn't concentrate at all. I swear if I fail because of him I will punch him.

      The bell rang signaling it was time for lunch. Yes! I'm starving! When Jace removed his arm I rushed out the door, even though I have no clue where I'm going. I hadn't made it 3 feet from the door, when I felt a hand wrap around mine.

     By the weird sparks I could tell it was Jace. "Do you even know where you're going Alexandria?" he whispered in my ear causing me to shiver, and not because I was cold. I'm really getting tired of him using my full name.

     "It's Alex. I don't like to be called Alexandria. It's too long." I said turning to face him. I jumped back a little because of how close he was. This seemed to amuse him for some reason.

     "Ok then; Alex." Oh god. He's gonna be the death of me and I have no clue why. "But you still didn't answer my question. Do you know where you're going?" he repeated.

     As embarrassing as it was, I shook my head no. He was still holding my hand when he started walking in the opposite direction I was going. We passed my locker, so I put away my books and got my money. The money I had to work for, because my mother was always spending her pay money on new research projects. She never had any money left for bills or anything, so I have to find jobs and pay them myself.

     After I grabbed what I need Jace led me to double doors. He opened a door for me and allowed me to go first. Well, at least I have a weird attraction to a gentleman. I thought to myself.

     I went to the end of the lunch line with Jace right by my side. Like that's any different at this point.

     I grabbed what I could afford. A salad and a water. *sigh* I need to find a job soon. I think I saw a help wanted sign at that auto store in town. I'll have to stop by there after school. "Is that all you're getting?" Jace asked. He seemed to have a habit of breaking me out of my thoughts.

     "Yeah, I'm not that hungry." I lied. I paid for my food. After Jace had paid for his mountain of food, he led me to a crowded table. Luckily, there were a few seats left. He grabbed my hand again and sat down in a seat taking me down with him in my own seat.

     The moment I sat down all conversation stopped and everyone's eyes were on me. I blushed and played with my salad. After a few moments conversation started again. I didn't hear anything about 'that girl' so I assumed it wasn't about me.

"So Alex," one of the guys, Brant I think his name was, asked, "Any boyfriends we have to worry about? No jealous exes that'll try to kill us for hanging out with you?"

"Oh no," i laughed. "No, I've only had a couple of boyfriends in the past, some kisses here and there but nothing serious." I felt a shaking on my hand. I looked at Jace and saw him shaking, his once blue eyes a now dark brown, almost black.

     "Jace?" I asked. I hesitantly placed my hand on his arm. The moment I came into contact with his arm the shaking stopped and his eyes turned back into his perfect ocean blue eyes. "Are you okay?"

     "Yes. I am fine." he said.

     "Are you sure? I mean, you were shaking and your eyes turned black. That does not seem fine to me." I said grabbing his chin in my hand and turned his face towards mine. I looked all over his face. I put my hand over his forehead trying to detect a fever. I cupped his cheek to get him to turn his head, but he placed his hand over mine to stop me.

     Our eyes locked. His eyes flickered to my lips and stayed there for a few seconds before returning to my eyes. I knew what he wanted, but I didn't know him. I wasn't going to kiss him if I barely knew him. I was about to break away when a screechy voice interrupted us.

     "What the hell are you doing with my mate?!" I swear her voice is so squeaky I had to resist the urge to cover my ears. When I found the source of the voice I rolled my eyes. It was so typical. The banshee voice belonged to a beach blonde girl, who wore a pair of skinny jeans and and a white tank top with a denim jacket. Actually, really cute outfit. 

     Wait. Did she just say mate? She didn't have an English accent so I don't think she meant friend. But if she didn't mean a friend, what did she mean then?

     Jace seemed to understand perfectly. "Sasha how many times do I have to tell you? You are not my mate!" he growled at her.

     "Yes you are. Just because you wont admit it doesn't mean you can just sleep around with any girl you find! I told you what I would do and I will do it." she growled back. I noticed Jace was shaking and his eyes were black again. I put my hand back on his arm but the shaking didn't stop this time. If anything it intensified.

     "Alex!" I turned my head towards a girl I recognized from class. "Alex hug him. Contact is the only way to calm him down." I don't know how that would help, but something in the back of my mind told me it would. I stood up to hug him because he had stood in his anger and he was currently stalking towards 'Sasha' who looked unafraid. If I were her I would be shaking in my shoes.

     I walked up to Jace and put my hand on his back, causing him to stop walking but he was still shaking real bad. "Jace." I whispered before wrapping my arms around his waist from the back, resting my face in between his shoulder blades. He's tall, but so am I. He stopped shaking after a few moments, and I felt his hands rest on top of mine. I stood up on my tippy toes to look over his shoulder, and saw Sasha over there fuming.

      "Get your filthy paws off my mate before I tear your throat out," she growled lowly. What's with everyone and growling, I mean seriously! Normally I don't scare easy, but this time I tightened my grip on Jace and buried my head into his back.

     I felt vibrations as he spoke to her. "Sasha, I will say this one more time. You. Are. Not. My. Mate! If you claim to be one more time so help me God, I will kick you out. Do you understand me? I should throw you out for threatening your future Luna, and you're lucky I don't," he said in a low, threatening tone. I heard a small whimper before I heard the clicking of heels walking away. I looked over his shoulder and saw Sasha walking away.

     Before she walked out she turned around and said, "You will be mine Jace." Jace tensed in my arms and he growled lowly before turning around and burring his head into my neck. He seemed to be..... smelling me?

     Okay I want answers and I want them now. I pulled back and looked into his eyes. "What the hell is going on here? You had better tell me Jace."

     "I can't. Not yet." he said.

     "Well until you decide to tell me, stay the hell away from me." I said. I turned around a started heading towards the door. All of a sudden I was picked up a slung over someone's shoulder like a bag of potatoes. "Jace! Put me down!" I screamed at him, hitting his back repeatedly. He wasn't fazed though, which isn't surprising. It was like trying to bend steel with a marshmallow hammer.

     Jace carried me out to the parking lot and threw me into the passenger side of his car. He went around the front of the car and got into the driver's seat. He didn't start the car however. He just sat there with the steering wheel in a death grip. He was shaking again and if I could see his eyes, I was almost positive they would be black again. "Jace?" I whispered.

     He took a deep breath and released the steering wheel from his death grip. He slowly opened his and looked over at me. "All right I'll tell you. But you have to promise not to run." he said.

     I slowly nodded and waited for him to continue. Little did I know the next few words that came out of his mouth, would have changed my world for better, and worse.