Chapter Twenty- A smile that should've lasted

Chapter Twenty

Jace

*£££££££££***

My inner wolf and I were still growling over what our father had done to our mate. He had no right to do what he did to her.

My wolf whimpered at what she had been pressured into. She was hurting herself. Maybe unintentionally, but it was still happening. It was a pain that would stop. Now.

My grip tightened on my mate's hand as we walked down the stairs. I felt my wolf pushing for control as we smelt our father's scent. My eyes shifted into black and my canines lengthened.

I growled as we turned the corner into the kitchen, where Mom and Dad were talking to each other.

Mom looked surprised at my pissed expression. "Jace? Honey what is it?"

I ignored her and released my mate with a kiss to her head. I knew we still had to see the rouge, but at the moment a really didn't give a damn. I stalked up to my father, grabbed him by his shirt collar, and slammed him against the counter and cabinets by the sink.

"Charles!" Mom yelped.

"Jace! What are you doing?!" Alex screamed.

"He's hurt you." I growled, glaring at my father, who seemed unfazed by me.

"Jace stop!" Mom was clawing at my arms to get me off of her mate.

"No!" I felt as she jumped at my outburst. "He's hurt her! he's hurt my mate! I don't care who you are, if you hurt my mate in any way I will kill you."

"Jace please stop." Alex whispered. I froze at her voice. It was trembling, as if she were about to cry.

"I can't let him get away with this Alexandria. I won't."

"Jace he's your father." she breathed. "You can't kill him."

"If he's hurt you I don't care who he is."

My father still was unfazed, even as I moved my hand to coil around his neck, squeezing.

I stopped though, as soon as I felt Alex put her hand on my arm.

"Jace please." she begged. "Please stop this."

I paused for a few seconds as she wrapped her arms around me from behind. I let out a low growl and glared at my father once more.

"If you ever, EVER, hurt her again, in ANY way, I will kill you. She won't be able to stop me next time."

I squeezed his neck tightly once before letting him go. He slumped against the counter with his hand rubbing his now red and bruising throat as he coughed and breathed raggedly.

Mom rushed over to her mate, helping him. I grabbed Alex's hand and rushed out of the house, feeling as if my skin were about to burst.

I stumbled away from her and felt as the familiar sensation of popping and changing bones over my body consumed me. After a few seconds I was a snarling wolf, growling low in my throat.

My gaze snapped to my mate as I heard a leaf break under someone's weight. I froze seeing her face. She looked so scared of me. It broke mine and my wolf's heart to see her so afraid, especially because of us. I immediately calmed down and whimpered. I laid down on my wolf belly and slowly crawled over to her.

She tripped as she tried to walk away more, causing the ache to increase as well as the volume and frequency of my whimpers.

Alex, baby I'm sorry. I said through our link. I didn't mean to scare you. Please don't be scared of us.