Chapter Eight -Introductions

*Revised*

Alex

     I woke up with a scream and my body shaking and covered in sweat. Jace was up in an instant out of the bed looking around the room trying to find any danger. When he found none he turned to me and saw the tears in my eyes. He rushed to my side and pulled me to his chest. I cried softly in chest and the shaking didn't stop.

     Jace kept making shushing noises trying to calm me down. "Jace, I'm scared." I whispered in a shaking voice.

     He pulled back to look me in the eye. "Alexandria I promise you, no one will touch you. I will protect you. I swear on my life you will be safe." he said.

     "What about my mom, and you?" I asked.

      "Don't worry about me. Your mom will be protected as well. All you need to worry about is how to keep you safe. You're my mate, it's my job to keep you safe and happy." he said.

    That just mad me angry. The last part anyway. "Jace you're not the only one with a mate. You are my mate too. What  would I do if you got hurt? I may be new to all of this, but I know I would die if you did. You cant always put me first. If you want me to be safe and happy, you don't do anything dangerous! I love you dang it! I can't lose you! I just can't." My voice grew higher and higher every sentence, but by the end I was whispering. I had pulled out of his embrace and pulled my legs up to my chest and laid my head on them crying softly.

     "Alex." he whispered. He pulled me back into his chest and I let him. After a little bit I stopped crying and got out of bed. I walked to the door, but before I could get it open, Jace wrapped his arms around me. "Alex. I love you too. You have no idea how much." he whispered in my ear with his lips lightly grazing it.

     Just then my stomach rumbled ruining the moment. He only chuckled. "Come on. you must be hungry." he said grabbing my hand and pulling me out the doors and downstairs. I was still mad at him but not as much. Mostly I was scared. Scared for me, for my mom, and Jace. I don't what I'd do if I lost him.

     Jace lead me to the kitchen and picked me up, then set  me down on the counter. I looked down at the floor with a blank expression on my face. Jace sighed and came to stand between my legs. He placed his hands on my waist. "Alex I'm sorry. I really am. It's just that you're the most precious thing in my life and I refuse to lose you. I love you baby."

     "It's okay Jace, I forgive you. Just next time, actually think about me. Think about what will happen to me if you get hurt, or worse. Please Jace. That's all I ask. And I love you too." I said with a small smile.

     He smiled back and brushed his lips against mine. Once. Twice. Three times, before I gave in and tangled my hands in his hair and smashing our lips together. He smirked and kissed me back. His tongue asked for entrance but I didn't grant it. He asked again but I still didn't let him in. He trailed his hands down my spine causing shivers to run all through my body. He started to play with the hem of my shirt before slipping his hand under it, to touch my bare skin. I gasped at the sparks I felt and he used that to his advantage. His tongue darted in my mouth not leaving one place untouched. I moaned at the sensation I was feeling, making him growl in response. His hand went higher and touched the clasp of my bra. I opened my eyes and pulled back. "Jace no. Not yet. I 'm not ready for that yet." I said out of breath.

     "Okay. It's okay. We can wait. I'm sorry it's my wolf. He wants us to finish the mating. But I have to ask you something. Can I mark you?" he asked trying to catch his breath.

     "I think you forgot to explain a few things." I said.

     "Oh sorry. Marking is when a wolf stakes his claim, basically. It tells every wolf to back off. That your taken. And an alpha's mark is bigger than the others. Mainly what it says is that if you touch the alpha wont hesitate to rip your head off." he explained.