Chapter Eighteen~ I will not accept her~

Chapter Eighteen

Alex

***********************

"Alex!"

"Mom!" I ran up to her as she engulfed me in a bear hug, tears streaming down her face. We had finally gotten home a few minutes ago and my mother had been the first to see me.

"Are you alright? Oh my baby girl." she sobbed pulling back to look at me. She cried harder as she saw my black eye and still slightly split lip. "I am so sorry baby girl. So, so sorry."

"Mom it's okay." I smiled through my own tears.

I saw a man come up behind her and place a hand on her shoulder. When she pulled back I could see love shining in his eyes and in hers.

"Is this your mate mama?" I asked.

She smiled as she replied. "Alex this is my mate Lucas. Lucas this is my daughter Alex."

"It's nice to finally meet you Alex." Lucas said as he held out his hand for me to shake.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into a hug. "You too Lucas." I mumbled in his chest. He was surprised but soon wrapped his arms around me, hugging me back.

"Jace!" a new, unfamiliar voice screamed.

"Mom, Dad!" Jace yelled as he was attckes by an older woman with hugs.

"Are you alright. Oh my poor baby boy." the woman cried.

"He's fine dear." the man said. They looked so much like Jace and Max. So freaking much.

"Dad's right mom. I'm fine. I'm more worried about my mate than anything." Jace said, prying the woman off of him and glancing up at me.

"Oh!" his mother gasped looking at me. "Is that her?" she asked looking back at him. Jace smiled before nodding his head at his mother. "She's so pretty!" she squealed, clapping her hands together.

"She's human." his father growled, glaring at me.

Jace growled and came to stand beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and drew me close, making me wrap my arms around his waist and bury my head into his chest.

"Why does her being a human matter?" Jace growled. I nearly moaned at the vibrations from his chest. "She is my mate, and I love her." Okay, clearly he's pissed and I'm over here trying not to attack his lips with my own. I think I'm turning into a slut.

"You're not turning into a slut, baby." Jace whispered in my ear. "It's natural. It means your body is ready for more." I blushed as I remembered last night and how we took our makeout session a little further.

"If she is human she cannot rule correctly." Mr. Lenix growled breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Charles!" Mrs. Lenix snapped. "She is a lovely young girl and obviously in love with our son as he is with her. The moon goddess choose her to be his mate for a reason. Leave them be!"

"I will not accept a human as my Luna. I will not do it." he snapped back, glaring at me with such intensity I whimpered and buried myself deeper into Jace's chest. "You see? She is weak and not fit to rule this pack. We are the strongest pack in the U.S. Our leaders need to be strong, something she is not."

"She is the bravest woman I have ever known Father." Jace growled. "She is also the strongest. She's been through so many things in her life, things you couldn't even dream of, and she is still here. She is still standing strong with her head held high. She started to regret escaping her torment because I was being harmed. She blames it on herself."