Chapter Thirty Three~...Or Not

Chapter Thirty-Three

...Or Not

Jace

**Warning: A little gross. Just a little. You've been warned**

My eyes narrowed into a glare and I shot out of my seat. I grabbed her shoulders and forced her on my desk. I hovered over her, baring my teeth and growling. "Distract me from what?" I growled out slowly.

She only kept that damn smirk. "He knew you wouldn't leave, not without good reason. Now that you're here, with me, there's nothing stopping him from taking what's his."

My eyes widened as it sank in like a brick. I growled and pushed myself away from her.

"Dad, stay with her and throw her in the cells. Blake come with me. Gram get every warrior and send them to my house. Hurry! He came for Alex." I threw out orders while rushing out of my office, stripping out of my shirt in the process. I didn't have time to stop strip out of everything else before I had shifted and ran out of the house, Blake close behind me. My paws slammed against the dirt as I pushed myself as far as I could go.

When we got to the house the door was slammed open and there were splinters all around it. I shifted back and started screaming. "Alex!"

I ran up the stairs and she was lying in the bed, but something was wrong.

There was so much of it.

I had hoped I would never have to see this much, not in my own home.

So much blood.

I rushed to Alex's still body on the bed and that's when I heard it. A baby's cry.

Tearing my eyes away from my mate I saw a bloody blob of a being next to her. It was so small, so fragile. Its eyes were shut and its mouth wide open as it screamed and cried out for its mother; its father. I looked down and saw the gender. I looked back at Alex as she moaned and tried to lift her hand towards it.

"Alex," I breathed, rushing to grab her hand. I finally got a good look at her. She was so pale and her stomach...it was... cut open. Her breathing was shallow and short and her eyes were only barely open. "Blake call for Lucas or someone. I don't care who just someone to help her!"

His eyes misted over as he mind-linked one of the pack doctors, maybe even all of them. "Help will be in a minute, but I told them to make it shorter," he said, still shocked by the morbid and terrifying scene before him.

"Jace," she breathed out.

"I'm here, baby," I said. "I'm here."

"My...baby..."

"It's a boy, Alex," I said softly, running my hand over her face. I saw Blake pick our son up in a shirt or something and carry him away. It made me panic a little, but I trusted Blake. "You were right."

"Chance," she gasped, watching as Blake carried him away.

"He's fine, Alex," I tried to assure, feeling a burn in the back of my eyes. I couldn't cry, not in front of her. Not right now.

"Alpha you need to move," Lucas said, entering the room with about five others. I swallowed around the lump in my throat, kissed Alex's cold forehead and got out of the way. "We need as much space as possible," he said while he and a few of the others set up things they would use to save my fiancé's life. I was pushed out and the door was slammed in my face.

I was frozen. My mate was in there fighting for her life because this bastard just wouldn't leave us alone. I was going to kill him for this. Whether Alex made it...or not. He would pay for everything he has ever done to my mate.