Chapter Seven - Will you be my girlfriend?

*Revised*

Jace

     I could distinctly hear Alex's heart pounding. Guess she's nervous about our first date. In total honesty I am too. It's not the movie I love scary movies, it's who I'm going with. I mean what if I mess up somehow? I just want tonight to be perfect. I want to wait to ask if I can mark her, I'll wait for that one. Tonight I want to ask her to be my girlfriend.

     I know we're mates and all that, but mates have been rejected before. I heard of cases that the rejection killed both mates. When a mates reject their mate, their other half, they go through excruciating pain. Some don't survive it.

     "Alpha." Blake said. Yep that's right. Now that I've found my mate I am now officially an alpha. I still have to go through the ceremony in a couple weeks, but I'm still alpha. "Sasha is waiting for you in your office. Her parents are there too."

     I winced. Great. Sarcasm detected. "Thank you Blake. And don't call me Alpha. You now how I hate formalities." I said.

     "Sure Jace." he said with a chuckle.

      I walked into my office to see Sasha with her parents, who looking extremely ticked off. "Alpha. Would you mind explaining why my daughter is about to be banished?" her mother asked. She was smart enough to respect me before asking that question in that tone, so I wasn't to mad. And plus what would you be like if it was your child facing banishment? The worst punishment in the book. But I could only be understanding to a point. I am the son of an alpha, so my wolf demands respect. Let's see how long I can hold him off. I can tell already I'm gonna be here a while. Not too long I hope.

     "Well there are a few reasons. One she keeps claiming I am her mate when in truth I am not." Yeah in these kind of things you have to be formal and I hate it. Like I said I hate formalities. "Two, she threatened my mate, your future Luna, who has graciously and mercifully requested a lesser punishment. Two weeks in the cells. Someone will bring you meals and school work, but you are to stay in the cells until the weeks are up."

     "But you two are mates." her mother said.

     "No we are not. Never have been, never will be." I said.

     "But you two are meant for each other. Your father and I had an agreement." she yelled. Okay now I'm starting to get mad. My wolf wants to shift so bad I'm slightly shaking.

     "Yes. And the agreement was if I hadn't found my mate by the time I finished college, Sasha and I would mate. However, since I have  found my mate before that time, the agreement is now null and void. Terminated." I said shaking worse.

     "No! You are suppose to mate with me Jace! Baby come back, we can rule together." Sasha said.

     "No! He is my mate. If you touch him again, so help me god, I will break you and I will let him go through with the banishment with no argument." yelled a new voice.

     "Mr. and Mrs. Baker, meet my mate. Alex." I said smirking but still shaking. Alex came over to me and wrapped her arms around me resting her head on my back. I placed my hands on top of hers and the shaking stopped almost instantly.

     "Are you just going to let this girl who you believe to be your mate talk to you real mate and Luna that way?" Mrs. Baker asked.

     "For the last time." I said in my alpha voice. "Sasha is not my mate. Claim this one more time, and I will banish you all. Mr. Baker I suggest you get your girls under control before I do something I wont regret." I growled.

     He nodded. "Jace. Hurry up. The movie starts in thirty minutes. We're gonna be late." Alex said with a kiss on my back afterwards.

     "Okay baby. I'll wrap this up and then we can get going okay?" I said turning my head to look at her with a soft smile on my face. She nodded then reached up and kissed me softly. After a few moments she pulled away with her eyes still closed. When I kissed the tip of her nose they fluttered open. "I'll be out in a minute okay? Go on. I'll have Blake take you to the garage so you can pick out a car." I said just as Blake walked in. He sighed and nodded his head.

     "Wait pick out a car? How cars do y'all have?" Alex asked.

     "More than most. Now go." I said giving her a small push towards the door.

     She left with one last glance at me. "She seems nice." Mr. Baker said. This is the only time he has spoken this whole time.

     "She is. She is my mate." I said with a smile. He smiled back and nodded his head. "Now. What I said earlier is what I will stand by, as what was said by my mate. The next time this happens, you will both face punishment. And Sasha you are still in the cells for two weeks. Is that understood?" I growled, going back to my alpha tone.

     "Yes alpha." They said bowing their heads. I nodded my head and dismissed them. I walked out to the garage to see Alex jumping up and down like a little kid in a candy store.

     "Oh my god! Jace can we go in that one?" she asked when she noticed me. She was pointing to one of my many mustangs. What can I say? I like mustangs.

     "Of course we can. Come on get in." I smiled when she squealed and ran to me. She jumped in my arms and kissed me, wrapping her legs around my waist and arms around my neck. I grabbed her waist so she wouldn't fall and kissed her back. This time I let her control the kiss. She licked and nibbled my bottom lip asking for entrance which I gave to her. Her taste exploded on my taste buds when her tongue explored my mouth. She pulled away put kissed down my neck. We pulled back when someone cleared their throat. I looked over and saw Blake. Oh yeah he's still here.

     "We should probably get going pretty girl." I said looking back at her. She nodded and I let her go. When she was firmly on the ground we went to the car and drove to the movies. She was texting her mom saying she would be staying at a friend's house tonight and not to worry. Her mom texted back saying okay and love you. Not 'who is it?' or anything like that. Just okay.

     We arrived at the theater with 5 minutes to spare. We paid for our tickets and bought drinks and some candy. No popcorn though. Neither of us are it's biggest fans. We'll eat it, but we just don't want it.

     During the whole movie, Alex screamed with other girls about 6 times total, and stayed curled up in my side through half of it. I admit it was scary enough to get me to jump a few times, but nothing major. Nothing compared to the Exorcist. That still holds the place of scariest movie like, ever, but it wasn't too bad.

     After that we went to dinner and talked about our favorite parts. "My favorite part was when that thing jumped at her from on top that wardrobe thing." she said before biting into her burger at McDonalds.

     "My favorite part was when the mom was in the cellar and the hands came out and clapped." I said eating my fries.

     "Yeah that was pretty good." she said.

     "Hey Alex?" I said. 

     "Yeah?" 

     "Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked nervously. 

     "Yes!" she squealed getting up and coming to me hugging me tightly. I hugged her back then we went back to our meal.

     We finished our dinner and then went home. When we got there we went up to our room to find it trashed. Clothes were ripped to shreds and the bed was destroyed. What got our attention though, were the words scratched into the wall. The girl will be mine. it read. Alex started breathing hard and started to cry. I gathered her in my arms and shut the door. "Blake!" I yelled.

     "Yeah Jace?" he asked.

     "I want my room searched. I want to know who was in there and did that." i growled.

     "Jace no one's been in your room. We would've smelt them." he said.

     "Some one was in there. Find out who it was!" I shouted.

     "Yes Alpha." he said.

     I nodded and picked Alex up bridal style and carried her to a guest room, far away from mine. I tucked Alex under the covers and started to pull away. Before I got too far she grabbed my wrist. "Please don't go. I don't want to be alone. Please Jace." she whispered looking me in the eye. I nodded and got under the covers with her. She cried softly into my chest for a while before drifting off to sleep. It took a while, but I followed her.