Chapter Twenty Nine ~Ever.~

Chapter Twenty Nine

Ever.

Alex

**Here’s a little warning I had tears in my eyes in this chapter… just saying…**

                So it’s a few days until Christmas, meaning that it’s past Thanksgiving and the entire pack knows I’m pregnant. And now that they know, I’ve done nothing on my own. Nothing. I get that they don’t want me to hurt myself on accident or to somehow hurt the baby, trust me I don’t want that either.

                However.

                I am pregnant, not disabled. I’m not even that pregnant! I’m not even showing yet! Well… not that much at least. It’s only a little bump, but Jace loves it. He’s always rubbing my tummy and kissing it.

                Anyway, I can’t even make a sandwich without someone asking, telling is a better word, to sit down and let them do it. It’s starting to really irk me too. I mean what are all these people doing in our house anyway?! This is not the pack house!

                Oh yeah! I forgot to mention something extremely important. After Jace and I announced my pregnancy he surprised me with our very own home a couple miles from the pack house in case there was ever an emergency. Apparently wolves can run an entire mile in less than thirty seconds. In middle school, it took me thirteen minutes to run a mile; that was one time. I never got that time again.

                But it’s our own home! It’s so beautiful too. It’s a two story Victorian styled home that is white with gray trimmings and a gray roof. The kitchen is simple, not anything fancy. It’s got marble stone counter tops and antique looking wooden cabinets. Jace knows how much I love antique looking things, so most of the house is very antique. It has five bedrooms, one being the master bedroom, another being a nursery, and one other being our child’s room when he or she out grows the nursery. The other two are just guest rooms. There are four bathrooms and there is a game room on the first floor, completely equipped with everything Jace could ever possibly want. I don’t really go in there much. I play games, just not a lot. I really like Resident Evil 6 and the Assassin’s Creed saga though.

                Anyway, the entire house is just perfect for us and our baby. At the moment I’m setting up the tarp on the carpeted floor of the nursery to start painting his room. Call a mother’s instinct, but I think the baby is a boy. Jace really wants a little girl so he can spoil her rotten, but he says that he would still love to have a son. He says that it doesn’t matter what gender the baby it is, we will love it all the same. I still think it’s a boy though.

                It was one of those few days where it was just me in the house. Jace was doing something at the pack house and everyone else was too busy to see me, which recently I preferred it that way.

I laid out all the painting supplies and got one of those masks that doctors and nurses wear so the toxins wouldn’t hurt me or my baby. I had the three windows open, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. I put tape on the roof and carpet so I wouldn’t get paint where I didn’t want it. I popped open one of the cans full of sky blue paint and dipped a brush in so I could start the edges of the room. I grabbed the step stool I had brought and put it where I wanted to start. I started the music I had brought in and it boomed throughout the entire house. I wanted to hear nothing but the music.