Chapter Twenty Five ~You lied, Jace~

Chapter Twenty Five

You lied, Jace

Alex

                When I woke up, I was greeted by the most adorable face in the entire world. Jace was sleeping peacefully with a small smile on his face and his arms wrapped tightly around my bare waist. I giggled as I moved a bit and he tightened his arms around me, bringing me closer to him.

                Last night was the best night of my life. He was so gentle with me, treating me like a porcelain doll that would break if he put too much pressure on me. I felt so alive last night, and I honestly thought I was in heaven with him. He was so passionate, so loving, caring, and… just… perfect.

                My eyes drifted down to the necklace I had given him yesterday. He hadn’t taken it off and he told me he never would. He said it was my version of his mark. I smiled and leaned forward to kiss his chest lightly. He grunted and his eyes fluttered open. They narrowed as the sun shone right in them, but they softened when they landed on me.

                “Good morning,” I whispered, not really trusting my voice after last night.

                “Good morning,” he mumbled. He drew me impossibly closer and snuggled his head into my neck, kissing I once. “Last night was amazing.”

                “It was perfect,” I breathed, reaching up to stroke his head as he rubbed my spine.

                “I didn’t hurt you, did I?” he asked.

                “No,” I said. “I’m not hurt. A little sore, but that's it.”

                He sighed and leaned up to kiss my forehead. We laid there for a few more minutes in a peaceful silence, until a chorus of screams disrupted the peace. Jace shot out of bed and quickly pulled on a pair of grey sweats. I sat up in bed clutching the sheets to my bare chest.

                “What was that?” I asked, fear lacing into my words.

                “I don’t know,” he said going towards the door. “Get dressed and stay here. Do not come downstairs until I come and get you, alright?”

                “But what of someone’s hurt?” I asked, grabbing Jace’s shirt from where it lay, sprawled on the nightstand.

                “I don’t want to risk you getting hurt,” he mumbled. He changed routes and rushed to my side. He pecked my lips and then my forehead. “Promise me you’ll stay here until I come and get you.”

                “I promise,” I breathed. He sighed in relief and kissed my forehead again, lingering, before rushing out of the room closing the door behind him.