Chapter Sixteen- Going Home-

Chapter Sixteen

Jace

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     When I woke up, I was in the motel bed, which was drenched in the scent of sex. Blech. Too much. And Alex wasn't in my arms. I turned on my other side and saw Alex still asleep and lying on her back. Her hair was splayed out on the pillow, making a black halo framing her face. Her face was free of worry and trouble. She looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake her up. So I didn't. I carefully got out of bed and went to take a shower. I sighed as I let the warm water release some tension in my muscles. Not all, only Alex can do that, but enough for now. I bathed and stepped out once I was rinsed off. I heard Alex scream my name as I was wrapping the towel around my waist. "Jace?!"

     I rushed out of the bathroom and found a frantic looking Alex who relaxed slightly when she saw me. "Alex are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked as I ran to her wrapping her in my arms.

     "You-you weren't here and I-I didn't know where you were I-" she stuttered,

     "Shh, it's okay. I'm here. I'm not leaving. You're okay, everything's okay." I reassured her as she cried into my chest. I stroked the back of her head and made hushing sounds as her tears hit my chest.

     "I'm sorry." she sobbed.

     "For what?" I pulled her back by her shoulders gently and made her look me in the eye. "Why are you sorry?"

     "Because I'm broken. This wouldn't be happening to us if I had just never left. You wouldn't have been hurt and you could've just had a normal, werewolf life. This is all my fault." she cried softly.

     "No, no it's not your fault. It's his. And I told you before, You were right to leave. I'm glad you left. I wouldn't have met you. And if you hadn't come, I would've been forced to mate Sasha in a few weeks. I would take any form of torture if that meant you would be okay and safe. Alex, I love you. You can't change that, and you never will. You need to understand that. I love you and I'm never letting you go. You are my mate the one I was made for just as you were made for me. You hold the other half of my soul, and you hold my heart. Never say this was your fault because it wasn't, isn't. It's his. He's the one doing this to us. This is all him." I held her gaze through my words, hoping she would see the truth in them.

     She was silent for a few minutes, looking at me to see if I was lying. "I love you too, Jace." she finally said. I sighed and brought her back to my chest. She wrapped her arms around me and dried her tears. "Jace?"

     "Yes, love?"

     "What did you mean you would've had to mate Sasha in a few weeks?" she asked pulling back. I sighed and went to the bathroom to change. I came out in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, both borrowed from Blake. Alex was sitting on the bed brushing her hair. Or trying to at least. She kept wincing and getting the brush stuck in her hair. I walked up behind her and took the brush from her hands. She relaxed as I started to brush her hair gently. "Answer the question Jace."

     "My parents and her parents made a deal when we were children. Because her parents have power and money, and my family were Alphas, they decided that we should mate. The deal was, if either of us found our mate before we were both 18 then the deal was off. But Sasha and her mother both think she's my mate and I just think you're my mate. But they're wrong. You are my mate and I'm not letting you go." I explained. She remained silent through the explanation. I finished brushing her hair and got up to put the brush back in the bathroom.