Chapter 27: Hesitate and Frantic (Part 1)

Raven's POV

He gulped. I was suppressing a laugh as I looked at his hesitant and scared face. It's not like I'm telling him to eat a bug or something.

"Tikman mo na dali," sabi ko at sumubo ng kanin na may sabaw. "Waaa...ang sarap!" Galing talaga ni Chef Andrew. The best Tinola ever.

Wala na siyang ibang ginawa kundi titigan yung pagkain niya. Tsk, ayaw talaga nitong maniwala.

Kahit na labag sa kalooban ko ay naghiwa ako ng karne ng manok ko. I forked it up and put it in front of his sealed mouth. "Ah..." I told him.

He hesitantly opened his mouth in a small 'o'. I rolled my eyes. "Moo, kahit hinlalaki ko hindi kakasya diyan sa bunganga mo,"

But, instead of making his mouth open wider, he talked. "Can't you take those green stuff off?" Tinuro niya ang mga malunggay na nakadikit sa manok.

"Anong take off? Alam mo ba na ito ang nagpapasarap dito? It won't kill you; it'll rather make you healthy," I told him as I push the fork nearer to his mouth.

He gulped again. "I don't think I'll eat. It's all yours," he said and stood up.

"Hep, hep," I held his wrist and pulled him to sit down. "Bawal mag-aral ng walang laman ang tiyan. Ah," I nudged the fork again.

He reluctantly opened his mouth, so I pushed the fork inside his mouth. "Hmmm..." I smiled as I looked at his knitted brows and his jaws munching the delicious meat. "Masarap no?"

He swallowed the food and looked away. "I hate those green things,"

Again, I rolled my eyes. Ano bang gagawin ko para kumain to? Kanina ko pa to pinipilit na kumain. Buti nga at tinikman na.

"Sige, ayaw mo naman din pala, akin nalang to," I pulled his bowl to my side.

He immediately pulled back the bowl to his side. Gamit ang kanyang kutsara ay humigop siya ng sabaw. "I never said that I hate it though,"

I smiled slyly. "Sabi mo eh," I continued eating.

We were halfway through our meal when his iPhone rang.

"Yes coach?" He answered. I looked at him paying attention to his phonecall although I can't hear the other line. "What? The periodicals are next week." He frowned. Ano kayang pinaguusapan nila at napasok ang periodicals? "Cancel the one on Wednesday since the day after is our exam, make that as an excuse. Schedule the two games on weekends. We can't be out during the review days," he said and listened to the other line. "Okay, thank you coach."

"Ano yun?" I asked as I ate another spoonful.

Sumubo siya ulit bago sumagot sa akin. "Games. They scheduled it next week."

"What?! Periodicals na next week!"

"I know, right. That's why it was rescheduled on weekends,"

"Ah," I guess L.A is a powerful school for them to reschedule inter-school games. Kung sa weekend ang game, "Moo..."

He turned to me as I smiled to him. His brows were furrowed at first but his eyes slowly sent daggers at me. "No, you can't come. You have to study," he said and ate. Aangal pa sana ako pero biglang siyang naging sweet. Sinubuan ba naman ako ng buong drumstick bago pa ako nagsalita. Subo pa ba tawag doon? "You can't change my mind. We're going to stay outside the school overnight so you have to stay,"

Wala na din akong nagawa kundi ang nguyain ang sinubo niya habang nakatingin sa kanya ng masama.

I'm already starting to eat my second cup of rice when I saw him slowly putting half of his second cup. Oh di ba tama ang 'calculations' ko. I picked up the cup and put all the rice on his plate. "Nahiya ka pa,"