Chapter 18: Challenge Accepted!

*Vince's POV*

 "Okay guys, meron nalang tayong 1 month para mag-training so please cooperate. Alam ko kung bakit di kayo gaanong nasa mood para maglaro dahil matagal-tagal na kayong hindi pa nakakalaro. We might be the champions before, but we should do better than the last season. Understand?" Coach Anthony Fernando said.

"Yes coach!"

"Okay now dismiss," he said. I was about to go when coach called out, "Lancaster!" I turn around to acknowledge him. He motioned for me to come and I think he's going to his office.

"You're doomed, dude." Troy said and laughed. I just shruged. Well, this is normal.

I just followed coach until we made it to his office. I don't really feel good. I mean both litterally and not. I don't feel well and I don't feel any good will happen in whatever me and coach will discuss.

"Salo!" coach warned so I catched the ball with my hands. He just look at me and shook his head. I just shrugged. I dribble the ball twice and sat on a chair as he did. I just look at him, waiting to speak. I look around to pass time and tense. The place is still the same like last year. My eyes lande on a picture at the wall. It was me. I am having a three-point shot that made us the champion. That was one of the most memorable time in my life.

"You're not in yourself this day, Lancaster." My train of thoughts were interrupted by coach. I look at him while processing what he said. I knit my eyebrows in confussion. "I mean you are not in your mood to play" he said while emphasizing some parts.

"I'm sorry coach. It's just that... I'm not feeling well," I said honestly. Yeah, while playing my head aches. I felt dizzy and cold so I can't concentrate.

Coach heaved a sigh. He walk near me and put his hand on my shoulder and pat it. "Always remember, we don't just play with our body, physically and mentally," then he put his hand on my left chest. "We play with hearts. We also play emotionally." he said and walk out of the room.

I was left there, dumbfounded of whatever he said. He's right. He always said that, I guess I am not emotionally good to play. I sighed before leaving the room. While walking, I halted when I reach the end of the hall. Now, I am in front of the court. Facing this place flash lots of memories. This just do weird. I went to a corner and found a ball. I dribbled it and tried to shoot but it won't. I tried some of my moves and tricks but still, it won't work.

I'm standing on the three-point line-- the exact place where I made a history in last season. I dribbled the ball. I positioned myself. I put power to my lower body to jump. I jumped and realeased the ball. Everything went slow. The ball slowly fly to the ring. A little bit. Just a bit and...

"Bang! Three points by Lancaster! Ohhh! Woohoo!" she run around the court and stop right in front of me. She put her hand in the air. I arched an eyebrow up. "Apir!" she said with her big smile. I just shook my head and move away from her. It's just nonsense."Uyyy... Galing natin ah!" she said while walking backwards, facing me. "Paano yun? Dali share mo!" she said. This girl is really annoying,

"What do you want?" I said annoyingly.

"I'm just idolizing you," she said.

"I didn't say you should." I said and cling my training bag on my shoulder. I walk faster but she still manage to follow me. Wala nang mas kukulit pa sa babaeng ito.

"Well, you don't have to," she insist. I just rolled my eyes. I really don't know what I should do to this girl. I just walk to the door of the court. "Teka lang!" she said and followed me. She ran and ran.

If she's not just stupid enough to know that there are balls everywhere, she wouldn't be sitting on the floor now. "Awww..." she said while trying to stand. I just sighed and went to her to help her stand up.

"Tss. Can't you just walk without trouble with you?" I asked her after gaining her posture. She put on a thinking face and shook her head.

"I guess not." she said. Dummy. I just walk out, leaving her.

"Sandali lang nga eh!" she said. Ugh! Her tone is so annoying.

"What?!" I turned to her. She threw the ball to me so I catch it with a hand.

"Laro tayo!" she said and beamed at me. I just look at her like she grown two heads. This girl has got to be kidding me.

"Bakit? Kala mo di kita kaya?" she asked. She just got it right. I just answered her question honestly. "Yabang neto. FYI lang, mas magaling pa ako sa tropa kong mga lalaki
mag-basketball." she said and stuck her tongue out. Psh, childish.

"I don't play with stupids." I just said bluntly and continued to walk. I just ignored her. There is no sense if I continue to talk to her.

"Hoy!" she called out and run to me. Why is this girl so stubborn? And loud? She's unbelievable. "Matagal na akong hindi nakalaro. Dali naaa~!" she's the one who needs something and would also demand. Yeah, right, good manners.

"Then play by yourself. You can use the court until 8." I said with finality. I just wish she sensed that.

But what do you expect to a dummy like her? I'm sick of her whinning. I just walk and walk, pretending not to hear anything. Bahala siya sa buhay niya.

Yet, ths girl ring a bell in my head. She said something that captured my ears completely. It felt like I was encouraged to play with her petty game.

"Sige naaa~ Di na kita kukulitin pag naglaro tayo." I cock my brows at her direction. She seems concious about me, looking at her.

"For real?" she nod. "Forever?" then, she nodded again but I guess she didn't realize what I said.

"Uy, grabe ka naman. Dalawa nalang nga tayo sa kwarto di pa tayo magpapansinan? Boring kaya yun!" she complained.

"Fine. A month. You should do it after we play." I said and pick up a ball. I was about to dribble it when she steal it from my grip.

"Unfair yun noh. Pag nanalo ka, di kita kukulitin, pero pagnanalo ako..." she trailed off a bit.

"You don't have to make a deal for your win. You won't, anyway." I saw her face became annoyed. I mentally made a smug smile because of that thought.

"Yabang neto. Paano pag nanalo ako ha? Who you ka talaga sa aki--" I cut her off. Obviously she won't stop without having what she want..

"Yeah, if you win I will grant whatever you want," I said boredly. Her eyes widened and she cheered.

"Talaga? Kahit ano?" she said and give me a meaningful smile. Okay, I know that smile.

"Except having the room completely." I said. Her face went upside down. I know that's what she want.

"Fine. Basta ba wag lang one month, ang daya naman yun. 1 week lang." she request.

"No,"

"10 days?"

"No," she was about to talk when I cut her off. "Just 15 days. Take it or leave it." I said. Her shoulders tilt down. She look like a woman that was fired from her work.

"Basta ba, yung deal ha. Kahit ano." she said and laid her hand to shake.

I look at it for a second. This would be our first deal. Not dealing with her is at sake. I guess I just need to play the game. Go with the flow.

"Deal." then, we shook hands.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: At last! naka-update na din.\(^O^)/ Sorry for the long wait. Busy po kasi. This part is a big mess since I didn't keep track on writing it. (^__^)V Sobrang iksi ng mga chapters ko since hindi pa ako nakaka-isip ng mas matataas na chaps. Peace lang!

Pls keep reading. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~

By: Raven Black

UNEDITED.