Chapter 39: Snowball

Hi mga tol!!!

Musta na?

Vince's POV

"Waaaaah! Ethan kaya mo yan!"

"Go Kurt!"

"Shoot mo na yan Troy!"

"Zach for the go!"

Zach shoot the ball which earned a scream from her. I saw Bob playfully slap her shoulder and whispered something.

I can't help but stare at her. She's so hyped up today. She's cheering like it's the championship game already when in fact, we're still training.

"Ang energetic ni Ate Raven ngayon. Natawag niya na yata tayong lahat Cap," Hero Saki, sophomore varsity player, said. I just nodded my head.

Yeah all, excluding me.

I just keep on staring at her. Bob looked at my direction and she did the same. Wala na akong oras para umiwas kaya tumingin lang ako. I just frowned, feeling unfair because of her cheer. I know, small thing. But having her, the girl I like, to cheer for me is the booster I'll need in a game.

She smiled sheepishly and waved. I didn't do anything but stare at her. Bakit hindi niya din sinisigaw yung pangalan ko. Kahit simpleng 'Go Vince!' ay hindi ko pa narinig sa kanya. Since the day she started to tag along to our games, she always give her everything in cheering for the team but I never felt like she cheered for me. Hindi ko din alam kung bakit ako nagkakaganito dahil lang sa cheer. I just looked away and continued to play.

"Okay, let's call it a day. Relax muna kayo," Coach announced after finishing a set of game and they cheered.

"Don't be too focused on the finals which will happen two weeks from now. Remember that we're still students and we need to set priorities." I said to all of them.

"Yes Cap!" They said altogether but burst out laughing. Tss. They pack up their things and changed their gears.

Out of nowhere, somebody threw his arm on my shoulder. "Ang hyper ng labidabs mo ah," Troy teased.

"Oo nga, special mention niya tayong lahat," Kurt said while drying his hair from sweat.

I rolled my eyes. Why does they all think Raven cheered for all of us? "Yeah right, except me."

"Uy! Nagtatampo!" I guess all the guys heard our conversation since they started to tease me again.

"Lancaster," Coach called as he got in the changing room. "Can I have a word with you for a moment?"

"Paano kami Coach? Favoritism ka talaga," Troy kid but everyone agreed.

Coach took the towel hanging on a chair and threw it to Troy. Bull's eye. "Lumayas na kayo,"

Everyone laughed as they walked out.

"What are we going to talk about?" I asked as we walk slowly to the double doors.

"It's about the championship,"

Kumunot ang noo ko. "What about it?"

"Last year, di ba race to three ang series?" He asked.

I nodded, the championship last year was so close. The final standing was 3-2. It was against Frixon University. As I heard, Frixon got beaten during the semi by Prime East Academy this year. It means we're up against Rachel's former school.

"It's one final game now." Coach continued.

I stop walking since we're near the doors already. "What?"