Chapter 26: Academy's Darkest History (Part 2)

Raven's POV

Ring!

A phone rang. I looked at him beside me and found him staring at his ringing phone. Teka, hindi kaya siya ulit yung tumatawag?

"Siya ba--"

"Yeah?" Sagot niya sa telepono. Sinagot niya! Oh my, ano kaya ang pinaguusapan nila? Nalaman na kaya ng bagong acting principal na ako ang sumagot kanina. Paano?

Nandito na kami sa staircase papunta sa floor namin kaya walang gaanong tao. Pinagmamasdan ko lang siya habang nakikinig sa kabilang linya.

Matapos ang ilang segundo ay bigla siyang tumingin sa akin. I cock my brows and mouthed 'bakit'. He just shook his head and answered to the phone, "I don't think I'd be able to come," then he ended the call.

Umakyat na siya at naiwan lang ako doon. Ano yun? Anong klaseng phone call yun?

He's already up and I stayed rooted on my place, my forehead crinkled.

"What are you still doing there?" He asked. I just shook my head and followed him up. Ano bang problema ko at ang dami kong tanong?

Nang makapasok kami ay agad niyang kinuha ang towel niya at pumasok na sa bathroom. I went in my closet like what I always do. I took my upper uniform off and put on a simple gray tank top. I texted Robin that I'm already at my room. They're so strict about my time. They don't want me to hang outside late. Typical strict bros.

I have nothing else to do so I went to our Japanese style table. Hindi naman ito ina-anay, ina-alikabok lang. Ang tagal na din kasing walang gamit ito. I took a rag from the cabinet where some cleaning materials are placed. Pinagpag ko ito sa lamesa. I sneezed at the process. I took the spare mantle placed in the drawer at the corner of the room. I covered the table with the chocolate brown mantle. After that I went back to my bed and lay there.

I heard the bathroom door open so I looked up. I found Vince out of the bathroom...half naked. He was wearing nothing but a towel and a pair of black indoor slippers. Agad kong tinakpan ang aking mukha at muling humiga. At kailan pa to lumalabas ng banyo nang walang pantaas? Hindi naman din siya masyadong confident, ano?

I heard his soft chuckle ecoing around the room. "It's not like you never seen it before,"

"Che!"

I heard his closet opening and closing. After a minute, I heard the door opened again and a chair being dragged. Is he going to study now?

Dahan-dahan akong umupo. I looked at him and he is indeed studying. He's holding our Biology book with the lamp beside him on. His lips are on thin line and his eyes are focused on the book. Paano na ako magtatanong nito?

"Moo...?"

"Yeah?" He answered without taking his eyes of the book.

"Yung kaninang umaga...yung bagong--"

"She was the lady on the phone,"

"So, ibig sabihin--"

"It might not be that obvious, but she's my paternal grandmother."

As in? Grabe hindi talaga halata. My Ghad! Note the heavy sarcasm.

"Oh." That's all I said. That's enough to know. "Bakit--"

"I know, I know. It might not be obvious but she really is my grandmother. I didn't know that she decided to act as the principal," he said the last sentence more to himself.

"I wasn't going to ask about that," I told him. Finally, he looked up at me.

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, tska halata kayang mag-lola kayo," oo kaya, hindi nga sila magka-mukha may mga similarities parin sila.