Chapter 43: Good night...Good luck

Vince's POV

I couldn't think straight. Everything that Coach says couldn't be processed by my mind. I know I should stop whatever I was doing but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

All I could think of is her.

"Lancaster," I felt a soft tap on my shoulder; it was Coach. Napatingin ako sa court at nakitang nagpa-practice sila ng defense. I didn't realize it.

"Sorry Coach," I stood up to join the team but he kept me still.

"Lim!" Tawag niya sa court.

Kurt jogged towards us. "Yes Coach?"

"Samahan mo muna tong si Vince sa cafeteria, make sure na kakain. Tapos dalhin mo sa infirmary." Coach instructed Kurt who nodded right away.

I was about to disagree when Coach cut me off. "Sumunod ka na lang Lancaster. Halatang hindi ka pa kumakain at hindi ka rin natulog kagabi. The game is already on Sunday, ayaw ko ng tulalang star player."

I have nothing to do but go with Kurt. Inakbayan niya ako. "Bro, tanungin na lang natin ang registrar o kaya ang admin. Nag-aalala na rin kami kay sweetie, hindi na talaga makontak." Kurt whispered to me as we got out of the court.

I sighed. Isang araw ko nang hindi nakikita si Raven. When I woke up I was frantically looking for her all over the school. I didn't ate my lunch and just looked for her with Troy, Ethan, Kurt and Bob. The other students are asking us where is the only girl of the school and I have nothing to answer. At the afternoon I just stared at the door of her walk-in closet. I don't want to open it. Her toiletries, food and even Snowball are not around. Not looking at her closet spares me from the reality that...she might have left.

I wasn't able to sleep last night. Aside from my insomnia, I can't sleep because I kept calling and texting her if she's okay. Her phone's still ringing. I just kept on thinking of her whereabouts. Have she eaten already? Where could she be?

I felt the changes-- the emptiness. I used to go with her every meal of the day. I used to wake her up. I used to wait for her to finish shower. Now, it's different. It's hard to adjust with these changes.

We were about to turn to the cafeteria when I saw the stairs. Umalis ako sa pagkakaakbay sa akin ni Kurt at tumakbo paakyat. He was calling me but I didn't turn. I reached the highest floor. I went to the door at the very end of the hall. I didn't bother to knock.

"Mr. Lancaster --" nilampasan ko lang ang secretary niya at dumiretso sa kanyang lamesa.

I was panting like crazy as I rested my hands on her table. She didn't looked up at me and just continued reading on a piece of paper. I know she knows I'm here.

"Where is she?"

She put down the paper and looked at me with a frown.

"Who?"

I heaved a long sigh. "You know who I'm talking about."

She just stared at me and I did the same. I have to do this for Raven. I want to know if she's alright.

My Grandma rested her back on her swivel chair. "Take a seat first and relax your breathing."

I didn't realize that my chest continues to move up and down as I breathe. It's not because I just ran but I'm feeling too much emotion. I sat down on the chair from her left. She took something, I guess a paper, from her right drawer. She hand it to me. It looks like a student's bio-data.

Harold John Herman
Prime East Academy, Senior, S.Y 2001-2002

Moved to Lancaster Academy around September on the same school year.