Truly yours, Vince

Hello Santa,

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Obviously, I'm writing.

I just don't know what the heck I'm doing.

I just took a spank at the back of my head from my girl, Raven. She said I should filter my words when I'm talking to you. I mean, are you even real?

I just had another slap on my shoulder from her. So, I'm inside her closet now, trying to hide this letter while she's banging the door from outside. I still can't believe I have a sadist for a girlfriend.

Santa Claus. I believed in you, about ten years ago when I was seven. I would always have a red sock on my room's door for my presents. I would always have one when I try to be a good boy. But, one night when I woke up during wee hours, I saw my Mom putting a gift in the sock. It was a book which I asked from you. I asked my mom what she was doing and she said you gave my present to her to put it on the sock because you had a lot of delivery to do. Of course I didn't believed her since I saw her doing it again the next day.

Why am I writing a letter for you when I stopped believing ten years ago?

Here's the thing, Raven told me to write a letter. I'm staying at her home for a few days. It's the 20th of December. I have to be back at my home before Christmas eve so I decided to stay with her before I go home. Kadadating ko lang galing sa byahe at dumiretso dito. She ran to me when I step inside their house with Rain, his brother, not mine. I thought she was going to give me hug, instead she handed me a stationary paper and a pen.

"Sulat ka ng wish mo kay Santa, kung hindi, wag ka nang matulog dito."

Yeah, that's what she said. If I won't finish this letter for you, I won't have the time to be with her. By the way, I'm silently blaming you with what's happening.

Then, I just realized what I should write.

A wish.

Now, I don't know what I should wish. I could wish for the latest iPhone, a limited original Michael Jordan shoes, an original Spalding signed by the NBA season's MVP or a commercial flight to moon. The last one was Rachel's idea.

What would be the best wish that I could ask for?

Moo was able to open the closet's door just a moment ago. I took a run for it and went to their library. I locked the door and Rachel didn't try to get in because she was distracted a plate of Oreos-- the food not the stuffed panda-- brought by Robin.

Nakaupo lang ako dito ngayon sa library nila. Ang tahimik dito so maybe I can think of a wish now.

By the way, Moo just got in while hugging a plate of Oreos and munching one. She promised not to read this letter. I hold onto it.

I stared at her for a couple of minutes while she's eating. Hindi ba siya nagsasawa sa kinakain niya?

Mukhang hindi na rin naman magsasawa kakatitig sa kanya kahit na ang messy niyang kumain.

She smiled at me sweetly and I smiled back. I can't help it. She poked her tongue out after, though.

Now, I know what I want to wish from you.

Since, I don't have a big sock for big presents, I'll just ask a simple yet meaningful one.

I wish for my girl's happiness. I hope that smile will stay plastered on her face forever. I hope she will stay happy despite of everything that might happen. I wish to be the reason of her smiles so I can stay with her forever.

I hope she won't get frustrated by my stiffness and frankness. I hope she will stay no matter what because all I want to do is to make her happy. I want to give it back to her because she never done anything but make me feel loved and happy.

I hope I can have this wish immediately and I will be a good boy for you. Ayos lang din kung iabot mo kay Mommy kasi busy ka basta magka-totoo lang.

Thanks in advance, Santa...

Truly yours,
Vince

PS: I hope you can help me find the best Christmas gift for her.

***

"Anong sinulat mo?" Moo asked curiously while chewing a whole piece of Oreo.

I folded the stationary paper while staring at her. "Hindi magkakatotoo ang wish ko kung sasabihin ko sa yo." Palusot ko.

She pouted and ate another piece of Oreo. I went around the table and sat beside her. I took a piece and she gave me a death glare. I know she means that I won't have another chance to get one again. She's really possesive with her food.

I put an arm around her shoulder as I put the letter inside my pocket. I swallowed the Oreo. "You should cut down your sweets. Kagagaling mo lang sa tonsillitis last week."

She was talking to me last week on the phone and she sounded like a thirty year-old chain-smoker. Nilagnat pa nga eh.

"Ayaw ko..." she whined.

I stroked her hair. "Hindi ko naman sinabing tigilan mo na ang kaadikan mo sa Oreos at Kitkats, bawasan mo lang. It's not good for your health." I told her.

She looked at the plate of Oreos sadly. "Okay, I'll try." Nalulungkot na sabi niya.

She hugged me on my waist and rested her head on my chest as I squeezed her shoulder. I love this. I feel so comfortable. I let go of all of my inhibitions and problems. It feels like home.

"Miss na miss kita, Moo..." she said in small voice. Mukhang nahihiya pa yata siyang sabihin yon.

I kissed the top of her head. She smells like raspberry. I always love this scent that I have to find a masculine raspberry perfume for my own.

"Me too. I miss you every second that passed by, Moo. I'm happy that I'm here with you now."

We were silent for a while. Sinilip ko siya na nasa dibdib ko, akala ko natutulog pero nakatitig pala siya sa Oreos na nasa mesa.

She heaved a long sigh. "I love..." she trailed off. My breathe hitched. I'm not used to hearing those magical words from her yet. I don't think I will ever get use to it.

I'm waiting for her to say it...

"I love... Oreos." She said instead. I can't help but chuckle. I smelled her hair again.

"Yeah," I cleared my throat before I continued. "I love Oreos too."

She laughed, gracelessly. We both know what those words mean, like a code.

As I hear her laughter resonating around the room, it felt like Santa just gave me the present I hoped for.

******

Who loves Oreos???

Again, wala pong book 2. I will make a spin-off. I already started a few chaps of this said spin-off. Sa story na yun makikita niyo pa rin ang RaVi at kung ano sila as a couple. Maybe I will write 2-3 whole chapters for them.

Hindi naman sa nagde-demand at hindi ko rin kayo pine-pressure, but I will wait until this book reaches 100k reads before posting the spin-off. Kung pumuti na ang mata ko at hindi pa umabot ng 100k reads, I will post the spin-off by first quarter of 2017. Hahaha!

I swear, if I saw the reads reach 80k, I will tell you who are the main characters in the spin-off. Hindi po agad-agad kasi wala kaming wi-fi connection sa bahay, LOL.

Please continue to share this story para ma-enjoy nila ang adventures ni Raven.

See you soon, mga tol! 😉

Raven Black