Hunter

DISCLAIMER: THIS CHAPTER IS PRETTY LONG, 2336 WORDS!!!

As I left the classroom, I immediately regretted my attitude towards Amelia. I had no right to scoff at her and just stomp out of the class like a child. She deserved so much better than that.

I'm sort of glad she has Mason now, I guess. He's actually a pretty decent guy, he just moves too fast in relationships. No way could I mess this up for her. I thought. She needs this so she can let me go.

But you don't want her to. My brain reminded me. Yeah, well I have long since messed up our relationship.

Shaking my head, I stepped out of the school, walking towards the animal shelter. I could have driven, but today seemed like a good day to walk and plus, it is a good way to sort my thoughts out.

Besides, I wasn't picking Cassie up from daycare or making dinner for her today, Ms. Arnold was.

Starting to walk, I stared at my shoes as I stayed to the right side of the sidewalk. Coming to a stop at an intersection, I pressed the walk button. I scuffed the toe of my shoes on the ground and sighed.

I couldn't get over the way Amelia had acted today. She had never used that tone of voice with me, even when I hadn't talked to her that day in the park.

And what was she wearing? She was showing much more skin than usual... and she was letting Mason touch her!

Letting out a frustrated groan, I kicked a rock at a streetlight. The walking sign showed a person walking on it, so I huffed and looked both ways before starting to walk in the crosswalk.

A sudden screech of tires caused me to halt in my steps.

I looked up and saw a car's bumper only inches away from me. "What the hell man? Can you not see? The sign clearly says I can walk now and your light is red!" I flipped him off and continued on my way.

I almost died because of that idiot! Because of my near death experience and my thoughts on Amelia and Mason, I felt sour as I pulled open the door to the animal shelter.

Sighing, I clocked in and set my backpack in the staff room. I nodded a greeting at my coworkers Mario and Talia, then headed to the backyard to grab my favorite puppies, Nova and Aloni.

I wish I could adopt them, but I would have no time to take care of them and I couldn't possibly ask Ms. Arnold to watch over my sister and two puppies.

Nova is a Border Terrier puppy and is so lively. She can prance around for ours and start all kinds of mischief. Most of the time though, she is really nice and helps put the other dog's in their places.

Aloni, a Jack Russell Terrier/ pug mix, is the dog to look out for. Somehow he manages to climb up very high cabinets and jumped down from them. I think he is secretly a cat in disguise and he's going to do some Cats vs. Dogs type stuff one day. (Pic of Aloni below)

 (Pic of Aloni below)