Hunter

NOTE: Read author's note at the end of chapter, it is important! :)

Two weeks passed since Chelsea and I found Amelia at the cemetery, meaning it is now Wednesday again, and I still couldn't stop thinking about it.

Through my jobs at Giant and the animal shelter, playing with Cassie, going on dates with Chelsea- even when I was studying for senior exams- I thought about that night, everything still fresh in my mind.

Honestly, I didn't think Mason was right for Amelia. They were still together somehow, but it didn't seem healthy.

Sure, they might share a small smile and a hug, maybe a peck on the cheek if their lucky, but I rarely ever saw them together. After that night, everything changed.

Mason's true colors shined through, showing a huge splotchy mess of unicorn barf.

Amelia looked so lost and just...tired. Not surprised, more so expecting something like this from him.

That's what pissed me off the most. She expected this type of behavior from him and ultimately, accepted it.

She deserves way better, someone who can really show that they care for her, or at least tell her.

So in short, Mason is a serious grasshole.

Seriously. I had given him so many chances to fix himself, gave him a card to someone who could help him stop his drinking problem before he turned into a full-blown alcoholic, only punched him in the face once...

He should consider himself lucky!

The big problem with Mason is that he doesn't make Amelia feel beautiful. As a man, you are supposed to help women drop their insecurities and make them feel better about themselves.

Women have a million insecurities and although they may seem silly to us, it is a really big deal to a majority of them.

She hid under the covers, as if her not wearing makeup was some sort of crime, some sort of deformity.

It isn't. A woman without makeup is the most beautiful thing a man could ever see, because it is when they are most natural and their natural beauty shines.

I wasn't lying to her when I told her there was nothing wrong with her. It was completely true.

She just need someone to teach her that. Someone better than Mason...better than me.

That night I couldn't even sleep, just laid there, Amelia sprawled across my chest, thinking.

~~

Over these past two weeks, a lot was going on.

School for seniors was over the Friday of the week Chelsea and I found Amelia at her mother's gravesite, so I'd been sort of chilling.

Sort of.

Zori and I studied for senior exams during the week, randomly asking each other questions about different subjects at work.

Chelsea and I had been going on dates, once to the movies, Dave & Buster's, Six Flags, and multiple cafés, testing out foods.

Amelia and I finished our project the Thursday before last and we turned our project in Friday.

Our teacher was impressed with our work, giving us a ninety-six percent, or an A.

Not a perfect one, but an A nonetheless. Amelia and I had celebrated by going paintballing, each of us howling in pain every five seconds.

We now had matching paint splattered shirts. I smiled at the memory, Amelia's laughing face taking over my thoughts.