2. Hunter

My goodness, it's been forever since this book was last updated!😦

I have an excuse though.😏

Not really, but you can't be mad because it is my birthday. (Jk, you can be mad all you want)😁

NOTE: THIS WAS WRITTEN ON MY BDAY. SORRY FOR NOT POSTING, I FELL ASLEEP BCUZ I WAS EXHAUSTED!!😴

AND THEN THE NEXT TWO DAYS, I DIED.💀

JK, I JUST HAD STUFF TO STUDY FOR, I REFUSE TO TAKE ANY L's.😣

WE ONLY TAKE W's HERE!🏆

EMMMMMMOOOOOJJJJJJIIIIISSSSS!!!😆

♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎♥︎

Chelsea and I decided that before our first semesters at college started we would go on as many dates as possible to make up for the lost time we would have when courses finally started.

That's why we were inside of Dot's Coffee Shop in Woodridge. Chelsea had just left to go to the bathroom, having muttered something about drinking too much liquids all day.

After a few moments of having stared at a chair, I turned my attention to the TV stationed beside our booth and gasped in shock at the news story displayed on the screen.

"Breaking news," the anchor woman said. "There's just been a shooting on fifth avenue. Richard is live at the scene now. Richard."The tv switched to a middle aged guy with a microphone.

"Thank you, Megan. A woman and her daughter were waiting for the crosswalk to be available when an armed man of about twenty five years came up behind them and tried to mug the mother.

He was about to shoot the daughter in order to receive money from the mother, but another man, a Mr. Tyler Jackson, came to their rescue by tackling the unsuspecting gunman.

Unfortunately, in the process of protecting the innocents, Jackson got shot right next to his heart. Had the bullet been just a mere centimeter closer, it would've pierced his heart.

Paramedics say he's lost a lot of blood, but they are currently transporting him to the hospital as we speak. Police officials just caught the gunman and have put him under arrest for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and armed robbery. That's about twenty years or more in prison..."

I whipped out my phone and called Amelia's grandparents to inform them of the news.

Amelia never knows what to do in a crisis. No way has she called her grandparents, so it's my responsibility to do so.

The phone rung three times before Amelia's grandmother, Amelia (Mimi) Reynolds-Jackson, answered.

"Hello?" her warm voice called out, sounding a bit confused. "Who is this?"

"Hunter Morris,"

"Hunter!" she squealed. "How are you? I haven't talked to you —haven't seen you— in ages!"

"I know, it's really been to long, Mimi. But I am sorry to say that it is not a happy occasion on which I am calling you."

"What? What is the matter Hunter?"

I took a deep breath and swallowed the lump in my throat before I answered.

"Your son has been shot."