Amelia

DISCLAIMER: IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END!

Renee's party Saturday, June 4th, was a blast. I hadn't really seen much of Hunter and the gang since then because everyone was either preparing for college or off on vacation, while I was chilling at home with my dad.

Hunter took off work this week to hang with Ms. Arnold and Cassie, telling them that it was an early birthday present. He wasn't sure of his schedule, so he didn't know if he'd have off when it was their birthday's.

He was so thoughtful that way. Always had been.

As kids, we'd always do something cheesy for each other's birthdays. Whether that be little cards or getting each other's favorite candy; even him giving me that pink mechanical pencil that I refuse to let go of.

Speaking of birthdays, Hunter's birthday is a week before mine. In fact, his birthday is actually coming up.

His birthday is this coming Friday, the seventeenth, and my birthday is Thursday, the twenty third.

Currently, it is Wednesday, June fifteenth, and Chelsea is over at my house, keeping me some company.

"So something here or the animal shelter?" she questioned, referring to the party we were gonna throw Hunter.

Mulling it over for a moment, I looked up and answered.

"Maybe here," I nodded. "He loves the animal shelter, but let one of those dogs get outta control and everyone go nuts."

"Yeah," she laughed.

There was a pause, and then, "What do I get him?"

Mulling it over for a moment, I looked at her and said, "Hunter is extremely easy to please. He likes old movies, like Old Yeller, Where The Red Fern Grows—"

"Which explains his love for dogs," she chuckled. 

"Yeah," I nodded. "His favorite color is—"

"Blue," she nodded, cutting me off again. 

"Yeah, and..." I scratched my chin in thought, thinking of other things Hunter really likes.

With a satisfied snap of my fingers, I started listing things off the top of my head.

 "He's an undercover bookworm. He loves running, filmmaking, spending time with friends..."

Chelsea tilted her head to the side in confusion.

"Filmmaking?"

"Yeah, he's never told me why, but he used to videotape everything when we were kids," I explained. 

"That's awesome," she smiled. 

We smiled at each other, both happy that we had some things set up.

Chelsea was the first to break the growing silence. 

"Well, I better get going. I'm gonna make his cake and bring it by later."

Nodding I asked, "What kind of cake are you making?"

"Vanilla with chocolate frosting," she said. 

"Good," I laughed. That is his favorite type of cake. "So Friday night at five?"

"Sounds good," she nodded excitedly. 

"Bye," I waved. 

She waved then walked out and I went up to my room. I had just laid down on my bed and grabbing my laptop to watch Netflix, when my phone buzzed. Whipping it out of my pocket, I saw that it was a call from Mason.