1. Amelia

Hehe, [XangelXwriterX & lieticia - deleted accs?]  I told you guys it'd be updated on October 10th. ;P

Whaddup Christopher Columbus? Thanks for getting me out of school today!

Me:*hits fist on chest lightly and does the Catniss Everdeen sign*

Let's begin.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

As my mom laid on the hospital bed, I walked in with her ice chips and set them on the tray in front of her. She smiled weakly at me and took my hand in her boney ones.

"You're such a good girl, Amelia. You'll be okay, okay?" she told me.

I just nodded with a small smile.

My grandparents had taken my dad to the hospital cafeteria, so it was just my mom and I. It was unspoken, but we all knew my mom was leaving. Every day she got thinner, her voice started fading...

There was no denying it.

Thankfully for us, we had time to prepare. So while it killed us that my mom was losing her battle to cancer, we made our peace with it the best we could.

My grandparents often reprimanded my dad for not taking off work more to help me take care of Mom.

I was eight when she was diagnosed and ten when she passed, so I took care of her a lot and made sure she was okay.

My mom's eyes fluttered to a close and at the time I hadn't realized that this was going to be our last conversation.

I had just assumed that she was sleeping, so I sat down and waited for my dad and grandparents to come back.

They came back soon after and surprisingly, Hunter was with them. He sat by me and pulled me into a tight embrace. I hugged him back and all of us watched my mom sleep.

The machines started going off and my grandparents took Hunter and I out of the room.

Once we were seated, Hunter buried my face in his chest as my mom took her last breaths of life.

At her funeral, he did the same thing.

My grandma had to speak but I just tuned it out because I didn't fully understand it. I knew my mom was leaving but it didn't fully register that I'd never see her again until...

I never saw her again.

~~

As I ran into the hospital to find my dad, doctors had to calm me down.