Amelia

Prom was fun. I feel like it could've gone so much better, but it was still a good enough time. I wore the dress I wanted, Mason was nice that night, and Hunter and Chelsea looked really happy.

I was happy for them. They were so cute together and it was just so nice to see him smiling from ear to ear more often.

As promised, I visited Cassie more often, trying to give Ms. Arnold some well deserved time off from babysitting, but she often stayed so she could chat with me. 

There were some occasions when I'd swing by to see Cassie and Chelsea was there with Hunter. It didn't bother me, but Cassie and I would mainly stay in her room while Chelsea and Hunter talked and laughed in the living room or kitchen. 

Today, however, was graduation. That's right, today was June 1st, and we were all graduating from this necessary evil. Things between my dad and I were getting so much better. 

While work was a huge priority in his life, still, it was now for the right reason. I'd become a priority too and it is definitely an amazing feeling to feel like someone loves you. Speaking of my dad, he was definitely not a fan of Mason's. 

Prom night, Mason refused to take pictures at the house, he barely talked with my dad, and he didn't seem excited to see me at all. It felt more like he was coming to pick up the kid he was babysitting or something.

When he dropped me off, my dad had said: "You put up with that?"

"He's had it pretty rough and—"

"I don't care how 'rough' he's had it. If he wants to be with you, he ought to treat you better than that." he argued, shaking his head. 

I really didn't have an explanation for him. It was hard to defend Mason anymore and I really didn't feel like it. 

Things with my therapist were good as well. She'd suggested my dad and I talk about that day, but we hadn't yet because we were too afraid. We were more focused on being excited on the fact that I was graduating!

I came down the stairs in a white silky dress that had short sleeves and went all the way down to my ankles. It'd be covered with the gown, but my dad had wanted to see my dress for whatever reason. 

"I knew you'd pick that one," he laughed. 

"How?" I asked with a shrug, slightly cocking my head to the side. He simply looked at me with a smile and whispered, "Because your mother did."

I just smiled and threw on the blue gown and the blue cap with the golden and blue tassel. 

"Ready?" He extended his arm out. I laughed at the gesture and nodded, linking my arm with his. 

"Ready." 

~~

We drove to the school and he had to go sit in the bleachers outside, while the graduates had to get organized in the gym beforehand.

Hunter and Chelsea were talking up a storm and I didn't want to interrupt, so I just looked around and spotted Lyla, who seemed to be by herself, but we weren't friends anymore so I didn't go up to her.

I mean, I wasn't mad at her anymore but I couldn't trust her. Mason was talking with some new friends, so I didn't go up to her either. Romeo and Odyssey were making their way towards Hunter and Chelsea, but they spotted me and walked over.

"Hey!" Romeo smiled at me. 

"Hi," I laughed. I barely knew them and they acted like we'd been best friends since kinder. 

"So you ready?" Odyssey asked, raising his hand to cup his chin. 

"Yeah, I think so. Still waiting to hear back from UH. You guys?"