KAGEYAMA TOBIO

( 影山 飛雄 )

HEIGHT : 180

HEIGHT : 180.6 cm ( April )
181.9 cm ( November )

WEIGHT : 66.3 kg

BIRTHDAY : December 22

AGE : 16

SEIYUU : Kaito Ishikawa

1 ) His favorite food is pork curry with an egg on top.

2 ) Since he was born in Japan and on the cusp, if he was born before 11am he is a Sagittarius; if he was born after 11am he is a Capricorn.

3 ) Kageyama's current concern is that he gets the feeling that animals dislike him.

4 ) Kageyama has been playing volleyball since his second year at Akiyama elementary school.

5 ) Kageyama wears dark grey gym shoes with black and light grey accents.

6 ) Kageyama often buys Gungun Yogurt from the vending machines in Karasuno High.

7 ) The nickname "King of the Court" was given to Kageyama by his teammates at Kitagawa Daiichi, meaning a "selfish, tyrannical dictator. "

8 ) Kageyama had been talked to about joining Aobajōsai by Coach Irihata, but he chose Karasuno instead.

9 ) Kageyama's most prominent and praised skill is his ability to accurately determine a ball's trajectory before he sets it.

10 ) Blocking is also one of Kageyama's strong points.

11 ) Kageyama has only so far been known for his nickname and strong serve but not for his toss. His partnership with Hinata is the first time anyone has ever seen his full abilities as a setter.

12 ) Kageyama is also widely regarded as a stunning prodigy and an absolute genius by many of the prefecture's players and coaches

13 ) Kageyama gets angry at the nickname "King".

14 ) Kageyama always has a serious expression on his face, even when he's trying to decide on a yogurt flavor at the vending machine.

15 ) Though he doesn't show it that much, Kageyama Tobio was affected strongly by his teammates' abandonment

16 ) Kageyama usually buys a carton of milk or yoghurt during lunch.

17 ) Kageyama is the youngest member of the team.

18 ) He claims to have poor memory when it comes to English vocabulary but when he was quizzed by Daichi on tactic signals, he was able to answer them quickly and revealed that it took him barely a day to memorize those. This shows that he does have a great memory, but lacks motivation to put it to use on subjects that aren't related to volleyball.

19 ) Kageyama has a very intimidating aura seen by many people, including about everyone he's met but he is actually the youngest member on the team.

20 ) In the One Shot, Kageyama's reason for joining Karasuno was that he wanted to fight "Top Schools". Hinata and Kageyama had also formed their "Freak-Quick" during a match against another school instead of during the 3-on-3 match

21 ) In Haikyū!!: One Shot, Kageyama's jersey number was 6.

22 ) Oikawa was Kageyama's senpai in junior high, who often treated Kageyama poorly due to Kageyama's advanced abilities despite being much younger than Oikawa.
However, Kageyama looked up to Oikawa and often requested for him to teach him how to serve; Oikawa refused to, but Kageyama eventually learned by simply watching him.

23 ) There was one incident in Kageyama's first year of junior high when he asked a stressed Oikawa to teach him. Out of jealousy, Oikawa almost hit him, but was restrained by Iwaizumi.

24 ) Before choosing Karasuno, Kageyama tried to get into Shiratorizawa, but he failed the entrance exam. Afterwards, he chose to attend Karasuno only because he wanted to train under the former Coach Ukai. However, Ukai collapsed shortly before Kageyama joined.

25 ) Since joining Karasuno, he has grown to be more respectful of his upperclassmen (Sugawara and Asahi in particular), as well as more accepting of people whose abilities and/or views differ from his own (like Tsukishima), and has come to once again understand the importance of teamwork and mutual trust.

26 ) He and Hinata often compete with each other over trivial matters, such as getting to the gym first. They even keep a tally of their win and losses (Kageyama 32 wins, Hinata 30 wins).

27 ) Currently, he has been chosen to train at the all Japan youth training camp and there's a strong possibility that he will become part of Japan's national volleyball team in the future.

28 ) His seiyuu, Ishikawa Kaito, is also the seiyuu for Nine, a character in the anime Zankyou no Terror. Number nine is Kageyama's uniform number.

29 ) His birthday overlaps with the winter solstice (December 22nd, the shortest day and longest night of the year) which contrasts Hinata's birthday which occurs in summer solstice (June 21st, the longest day and shortest night of the year) respectively.

30 ) In regards to Kageyama's name, Furudate wrote, "I gave him this name with the image of "strong shadow" and "flying" in mind."

31 ) In an interview with Furudate about Kageyama's character, Furudate noted that they felt Kageyama turned out well.

32 ) In the first popularity poll conducted by Weekly Shōnen Jump, Kageyama was ranked 1st. However, he was ranked 3rd in the second popularity poll.

◦◦◦

( STATISTICS )

POWER 4/5
JUMPING 4/5
STAMINA 5/5
GAME SENSE 5/5
TECHNIQUE 5/5
SPEED 4/5

( HEIGHT & REACH )
FINGERTIP HEIGHT : 239 cm
JUMPING REACH : 337 cm ( spike ) / 320 cm ( block )

━━━━━━ ◦◦◦ ━━━━━━

if you have opinions or
if there are any mistakes,
please let me know !

( UPDATED )
10. 12. 17.