TENDOU SATORI

天童覚

• Height :  187.7cm

• Weight :  71.1kg

• Birthday : May 20

• Age : 18

• His star sign is Taurus.

• He is a 3rd year, class 2.

• His jersey number is 5 and he is a middle blocker.

• His favorite food is chocolate ice cream.

• Even though he thought the movie was scary, Tendō watched The Ring because he thought the actress who played Sadako was cute.

• Tendō has spiky, bright red hair, with eyebrows of a corresponding colour. He also has large downturned eyes giving him a sleepy looking expression.

• He is also known as the Guess Monster.

• He is a little taller than an average male of his age, and a medium build.

• His current concern is that none of his teammates wants to talk to him about Shounen Jump.

• Despite his lax nature, he has been shown to be nit-picky when it comes to Kawanishi's blocking.

• His pupils are small and dark red.

• He is cheerful and loud, though a bit sardonic.

• As an elementary student, he was called a monster for his looks and was told he couldn't join the volleyball team by other students because of that. Using his guess block, he was able to block the spike of one of his bullies. This event made him feel happy and he continued to use his unique blocking technique to feel that way again despite much opposition until high school. Since his guess block got a lot of points, the Shiratorizawa coach let him join the team without resistance.

• He is extremely confident in his blocking abilities as his guesses are nearly always correct.

• Tendō enjoys teasing both his teammates and opponents, usually annoying the latter. However, when he gets into the game, he becomes a different, more intimidating person.

• In the anime, he appears right as the Spring High begins. In the manga, he doesn't appear until the Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno match.

• He angrily shouted that all Karasuno first years annoyed him, but Tsukishima was the worst.

• Tendō believes that blocking isn't the art of stopping an opponent, but is the art of knocking down the ball.

• He is an extremely skilled blocker who bases his blocks on his intuition and reading, which is known as guess blocking. In other words, he reads the attack before the toss is thrown and jumps almost entirely on intuition; his guesses are usually always accurate.

• He calls Ushijima by his first name, but the latter doesn't seem to mind.

• He also has incredibly quick reflexes and once used his foot to save a ball.

• Tendō is also usually the person in charge of breaking up disputes between the kouhais, namely Shirabu and Goshiki.

• Following their match against Karasuno, Tendō told Ushijima that he was looking forward to seeing him on TV in the future and be able to say that he was Ushijima's friend.

• No matter how minuscule the opponents' signals (glances, leg movements, ball handling, etc) are, as soon as Tendō discovers them, he will be able to block all the spikes. What's more, he usually intends to "commit block" all of his opponents.

• Tendō and Semi seem to have a banter-based friendship. Tendō teases Semi about his fashion sense and Semi is critical of his forwardness.

• Tendō uses the guess block because it makes him happy since he gets to see his opponents looking up at him desperately.

• His name Satori refers to a mythical creature that can read minds