OIKAWA TŌRU

及川 徹

• Height : 184.3 cm 

• Weight : 72.2 kg

• Birthday : July 20

• Age :  18

• His favorite food is milk bread.

• Oikawa's birthday, July 20, is thought to be a reference to Alexander the Great, who shares the same birthday and is also commonly referred to as "the Great King".

•  He is the captain of Aobajosai's volleyball team and is widely regarded as the ace setter.

• He is most feared for his powerful and accurate jump serves, to which he honed and perfected from a young age.

• Since Oikawa has a nephew (whose family name is also Oikawa), he most likely has an older brother.
Though, there's been recent strips of Furudate hinting he has an older sister instead.

• The white knee pad on his right knee is in fact not a knee pad, but a knee supporter.

• Oikawa frequently smiles and grins (although Iwaizumi notes that these expressions are rarely genuine).

• On Haikyuu's first popularity poll, he was ranked 5th with 5050 votes.

• His star sign is Cancer.

• In his free time, he coaches his nephew and other children at Lil Tykes Volleyball Classroom.

• Oikawa is extremely intelligent and cunning, to the point of his own teammates stating they wouldn't want to be friends with him because he figures out everyone's weakness (Oikawa indignantly responds by asking why he would do that to his own teammates). 

• During the Seijou Extra, Iwaizumi nonchalantly stated that he believed Oikawa would probably not be happy because he's so hard to satisfy, but that Oikawa would keep moving on without hesitation.

• Many find him attractive — to the point where several girls follow him around just to talk to him.

• Despite his flirtatious nature (he is quite famous amongst female students, much to Tanaka and Nishinoya's envy) and childishness (as pointed out by his nephew and Iwaizumi), Oikawa is an excellent, well-rounded player and is extremely serious about volleyball.

• He had a girlfriend who broke up with him because he was too obsessed with volleyball.

Oikawa often calls Iwaizumi "Iwa-chan". He is his childhood best friend as well as the vice-captain of his current team. The two have been playing volleyball together since childhood and are extremely close.

• According to Monthly Volleyball, Oikawa's favorite quote is "If you're going to hit it, hit it until it breaks."

• Oikawa holds a grudge against Kageyama, whom he mockingly calls Tobio-chan. This is due to his feelings of inferiority when compared to Kageyama, who has been hailed as a genius setter since their time spent at Kitagawa Daiichi

• Oikawa's current concern is when he tried to talk to Karasuno's manager, Kiyoko, he was utterly ignored. (But she must just have been shy, and it's not like he's all that bothered by it, not even a little bit, not at all - Oikawa said to himself.)

• In official English media, Crunchyroll (anime) has his name written as 'Oikawa Toru' and VIZ Media (manga) has his name written as 'Tohru Oikawa'.

• A trademark expression of his is him sticking out his tongue while smiling and closing one eye.

• Ushijima has been Oikawa's rival since junior high, the latter never having won a match against him.

• Oikawa has been nicknamed the "Great King" by Shōyō Hinata and "Assikawa", "Trashykawa",and "Shittykawa" by Iwaizumi.

• Oikawa's alleged love of aliens comes from a panel in chapter 67 where he is seen wearing a shirt with an alien on it.

• Oikawa often refers to Ushijima as "Ushiwaka-chan", much to his disdain.

• It is also shown that he wears glasses in one instance, but it is possible the reason he does not wear them is because that most of the time he wears contacts or simply does not posses such a bad eyesight that would hinder him during his daily routine.

• Oikawa once made his nephew take a photo of Kageyama bowing to him so that he can have "a picture of Tobio indebted to Oikawa-san!", however Takeru (his nephew) was not amused.

• When combined, Iwaizumi and Oikawa's first names (Hajime and Tōru respectively) form  "一徹" meaning "obstinate" or "dauntless".

::

arigatou for reading ( ' ' )