BOKUTO KŌTARŌ

木兎 光太郎

• Height : 185.3 cm

• Weight : 78.3 kg

• Birthday : September 20

• Age : 18

• His star sign is Virgo.

• Bokuto is a national level ace.

• His favorite food is yakiniku (barbequed meat, usually beef)

• His birthday is three days before the Autumnal equinox within the Japanese calendar.

• Bokuto is one of the top five aces in the country, barely missing the top three.

• According to Haikyuu store in Japan, Bokuto has smaller hands than Akaashi because the latter has longer fingers.

• Bokuto is also close to the team's manager, who he borrows money from sometimes (though he usually forgets to pay her back).

• His teammates tend to desert him whenever he has his spiking practices due to them being endless.

• Bokuto is energetic (similar to Hinata), often making jokes about everything and acting rather dramatically about his plays.

• At last year's Spring High Tournament, he bought an unpopular t-shirt that reads: "The Wisdom of the Ace: Firstly, the figure of the ace is one that inspires his allies. Secondly, he should shatter any wall. Thirdly, he should hit any ball to his utmost ability." Unsurprisingly, he and Hinata find it cool.

• It has been stated by Kuroo that when Bokuto becomes serious he becomes as strong as a Top 3-tier Ace.

• Bokuto has round, golden-colored eyes and spiky white-grey hair with black streaks; certain sections of it done up as if to vaguely conform to that of an animal, strongly amplifying the uncanny resemblance he bears to a horned owl.

• His current concern is "....How do you write the kanji for worry (nayami)?"

• His personality is so compatible that he gets along with many people.

• Kuroo and Bokuto seem to be close friends, seeing as they are often seen pestering other people together.

• Bokuto tends to ask Akaashi for praise after performing an impressive move despite the setter being an underclassman.

• When the teams celebrate the last day of training camp with a BBQ, Bokuto and Kuroo seem to have a meat-picking contest (Bokuto being the winner).

• Unlike most volleyball players, Bokuto wears knee pads that go up to his thigh instead of simply ending above his knee.

• Despite his general behavior, there are moments when Bokuto exhibits something akin to a wise form of intelligence, his words inspiring Tsukishima in Karasuno's game against Shiratorizawa.

• According to Akaashi, Bokuto has at least 37 weaknesses (Weakness #37 is that when he becomes fixated on one thing, he'll completely forget how to do anything else).

• Despite being the captain, Bokuto wears #4 rather than the expected #1. This is most likely because Fukurodani is the type of school where #4 is traditionally worn by the team's ace, and because he is very proud to be Fukurodani's ace.

• He has a playful, friendly, energetic and child-like personality and is described by his team as having mood swings, where even the slightest thing can change his mood which then impacts his performance.

• Although Bokuto appears to be the elder brother, or pillar, of his team, he is actually the "baby" that's supported by his family.

• His physical appearance in the anime is considerably less athletic and muscular compared to his physical appearance in the manga.

• When he makes a comeback, he clearly shows his pride as the ace and believes he is the 'strongest'.

• His name Kōtarō (光太郎) means
- 光 (kō) refers to Light while 太郎 (tarō) is a very common masculine name. The character "太" in common usage means thick or big.
- The last character 郎 simply means Son.

• Bokuto (木兎) means horned owl.