SAWAMURA DAICHI

澤村 大地

• Height : - 176.8 cm (April)
- 176.7 cm (November)

• Weight : 70.1 kg

• Birthday : December 31

• Age : 17

• His favorite food is shoyu ramen.

• Daichi is a third year at Karasuno High School; he is the captain of the Karasuno High volleyball club, holding the position of wing spiker.

• He is well-respected and also feared by his teammates.

• Daichi is a very caring and concerned captain who makes sure that everyone is doing okay and always puts the team first, but becomes "really scary" when angry or when his patience gets tested.

• His star sign is Capricorn.

• His current concern is his incessant dreams about the vice principal's flying wig.

• Daichi forms a set with Sugawara and Asahi. His jersey number (1) is symbolic of his solid receive, and how an underarm pass is usually the first contact.

• Daichi has a large build, and many people have stated that his appearance gives off his captain status right away.

• Because the 1st and 2nd years frequently misbehave, he always has to be around.

• Daichi usually has a gentle smile on his face but when he gets angry, his eyes glaze over.

• Though he rarely shows his anger, Sugawara says that side of Daichi should be avoided.

• It's seen that Suga is the only one who can lecture Daichi.

• Daichi's weapon isn't his attack, but his solid receive. As a result, he can be considered a defensive specialist. In other words, he's skillful and excels at defense. He, along with Nishinoya, are often the ones tasked with handling difficult receives.

• He used to study in Izumitate Junior High with Hayato Ikejiri and Yui Michimiya.

• Suga seems to be the only member of Karasuno immune to Daichi's intimidation.

• In the last year of junior high, Daichi made a promise with Ikejiri since they were going to different high schools, that they would continue playing volleyball and one day meet each other on the court again.

• He says that he feels like he can see the opposing spiker's movements more clearly than before. Adding onto that, it's shown (in a flashback) that he can use the opposing spiker's form to read the spiker's course.

• Daichi has a close relationship with Sugawara, being one of the other third years and the most observant member of Karasuno.

• During the match against Johzenji High, Takinoue notices how Daichi is similar to Asahi in that neither of them seem like high schoolers (Asahi because of his appearance and Daichi because of his behavior).
However, he dismisses this thought after Yachi tells him about how Daichi recently got in trouble for accidentally setting off the emergency bell while struggling with the boys' basketball team's captain during the lunchtime rush.

• Daichi is enrolled in a college prep class, along with Sugawara.

• Furudate gave him this name because "His surname simply came to me. I decided on his name without much trouble because I finished his character first. I personally like the way "Daichi-san" sounds."