KUROO TETSURŌ

黒尾 鉄朗

• Height : 187.7 cm

• Weight : 75.3 kg

• Birthday : November 17

• Age : 18

• His star sign is Scorpio.

• He is in a college prep class.

• His hair sticks up like that because it's his natural bedhead, according to Kenma.
Kenma had also stated that this happens because Kuroo sleeps on his stomach while pressing two pillows onto both his ears and his hair.

• He has played volleyball since the beginning of junior high, possibly even before, as he has been seen practicing with Kenma, in either one of their backyards, when they were younger which was shown in flashbacks.

• Kuroo has known Kenma ever since they were young; the two of them grew up together since they live nearby the same neighbourhood. They have been shown in flashbacks practising volleyball together when they were kids.

• He has a laid-back yet scheming personality, and is considered a "provocation expert".

• Kuroo's features appear sly, with narrowed eyes and cat-like pupils.

• Like the rest of the team, Kuroo is flexible and pretty efficient with receiving. Whenever he feels it, he can pull off a jump serve that can put pressure on his opponents.

• Kuroo taunts Tsukishima into practicing blocking and begins teaching Tsukishima blocking techniques during the Tokyo training camp.  When someone asks him why he gives Tsukishima so much advice, he responded that he wanted Karasuno to improve so they could have an official volleyball match against each other.

• His current concern is that he can't get rid of his bedhead hair.

• Kuroo is noted to be tall and thin with a muscular but still slender frame, encouraging the nickname "lanky" from Hinata.

• He went to the same junior high and high school as Kenma.

• As stated by Coach Ukai, Kuroo is a master blocker, even to the point where he can easily block Bokuto's spikes–the latter being one of the top five spikers in the country.

• He and Suguru appear to be longtime rivals and enjoy mocking each other. They also seem to have a mutual hatred for one another.

• When Kuroo was younger, he would pick up new volleyball techniques from watching matches on TV and show them off to Kenma.

• Kuroo and Bokuto appear to be good friends, seemingly knowing one another quite well and often teaming up in their antics. Although Kuroo is more sensible than Bokuto, and will sometimes turn on Bokuto, they often share similar reactions to events unfolding before them.

• His favorite food is grilled salted mackerel pike.

• In the cross team match game, Kenma has stated that he had never failed a test because Kuroo teaches him before tests.

• Kenma thinks that his pre-match speeches, and famous quote "we're like blood in our veins...", makes him look stupid.

• Unlike Yaku, he prefers fish, girls with long hair, sweet curry, Mikasa volleyballs, and going to the sea during the summer.

• Kuroo suggested for Kenma to join the volleyball team in middle school and stay for high school. Around Kenma's first year, he wanted to quit the volleyball team due to the harsh treatment from the seniors, but Kuroo convinced him to stay, telling him that he is an important part of the team and that the rest of their first and second years teammates agree as well.

• In Haikyuu's first popularity poll, Kuroo placed in 6th with 4035 votes. In the second, he placed 8th with 6511 votes.

• It has been theorized that Kuroo could possibly be ambidextrous as he has been shown spiking with both hands in the manga. However, Furudate has stated he/she has occasionally drawn right-handed players spiking with their left hand due to drawing while half-asleep.

• Kuroo always looks after Kenma; finding him when he was lost during the training camp.

• In the official English sub of the anime his name is written as 'Kuro'.