NISHINOYA YŪ

西谷 夕

• Height : - 159.3 cm (April)
              - 160.5 cm (November)

• Weight : 51.1 kg

• Birthday : October 10

• Age : 17

• His worst subject is contemporary literature.

• His favorite food is Gari-Gari kun (soda flavor).

• Nishinoya provides Hinata with lots of practical advice, both on and off the court. Nishinoya is one of the few people that call Hinata by his first name.

• His star sign is Libra.

• The reason Nishinoya came to Karasuno is because of the uniforms (the girls' are cute and the boys' black uniforms look super cool) and the short distance between the school and his home.

• Nishinoya is the shortest member on the team, standing at 159.3 cm (now at 160.5 cm as of chapter 207).

• Nishinoya's hair is literally 10 cm (4 inches) tall.

• During the team's first training camp, Hinata didn't recognize Nishinoya due to the fact that after bathing, his normally swept-up hair was down instead, and thus decreased his height by 10 cm.

• Nishinoya attended Chidoriyama Junior High. When they played against Kitagawa Daiichi Junior High, they lost 2-1. He received an award for his exceptional performance as a libero later that same year, which apparently made him famous.

• Most of his shirts consist of brightly colored words such as "One-Man Army." and "Three-point headstand."

• He serves as the libero for the Karasuno volleyball team, and is regarded by his teammates as "Karasuno's Guardian Deity".

• Like Tanaka, Noya has a large interest in Kiyoko Shimizu. Together, they try to approach her, but are ultimately ignored.

• At the beginning of March, when Asahi doesn't show up for practice, Nishinoya goes after him and yells at him for quitting the team. The vice principal comes up behind him, and Nishinoya knocks into him, causing him to break a nearby vase. Because of this, he is suspended from school for a week, and is banned from club activities for a month.

• Noya can be extremely impatient, excitable and impulsive. As Tanaka puts it, "he simply gets too fired up for his own good".

• In-game, however, his attitude changes drastically: he becomes incredibly focused and serious, remaining calm and doing everything in his power to provide the support his team needs until the very end.

• Nishinoya and Azumane have a strangely complicated relationship. Nishinoya deeply trusts and admires Asahi. However, the latter's low spirits and utter lack of self-esteem often put the enthusiastic libero off, and have been the cause of some serious friction between the two.

• According to Tanaka, the only type of movie Nishinoya will watch is over-the-top action, where he usually yells in excitement in the middle of the film.

• Nishinoya has a favorite store where he makes custom t-shirts.

• Asahi and Nishinoya are foils. Their birthdays are inverse (01/01 and 10/10), as are their heights and personalities (and even their name kanji contrast each other - respectively 'east' and 'west', 'peak' and 'valley', 'morning sun' and 'evening'). They are also the two best-known, talented, and accomplished members of the team other than Kageyama.

• As a result of their similar personalities, Tanaka is probably the person Nishinoya gets along the best with.
They are nearly always shown sitting together on the bus and are the only two characters to have slept on one another's shoulder, and their usual celebratory method involves Nishinoya allowing Tanaka to lift him high in the air in often ridiculous poses.

• During Ennoshita's flashbacks of his first year, Nishinoya is seen with completely black hair; meaning he dyed his hair sometime after that year's summer vacation, but before the Spring High match against Date Tech.

• Nishinoya's seiyuu, Nobuhiko Okamoto, also voices Takeru Fujiwara from the new 2016 anime: Prince of Stride.