SUGAWARA KOUSHI

菅原 孝支

• Height : - 174.3 cm (April)
               - 174.6 cm (November)

• Weight : 63.5 kg

• Birthday : June 13

• Age : 18

• His favorite food is super spicy mapo tofu.

• His star sign is Gemini

• Sugawara is the oldest member of the team.

• He is usually seen with a gentle smile on his face.

• Sugawara is a third year at Karasuno High School; he is a setter in the Karasuno High Boys' Volleyball Club.

• He went to Uwamushi Junior High.

• Being the vice captain, he has a soothing and gentle personality for his teammates and acts as a pillar of support for them.

• His current concern is a lot of his kōhai are taller than him.

• He has a birthmark or a mole under his left eye.

• While on the sidelines, Sugawara pays close attention to the way the other team plays, often able to give his teammates advice on how to beat the other team.

• He is called Mr. Refreshing by Oikawa.

• He, along with Daichi and Asahi forms a set. His jersey number (2) is symbolic of his position as a setter, as setting is usually the second contact in volleyball.

• Yaku and Sugawara have similar personality type, and are seen conversing in a friendly manner on multiple occasions.

• Sugawara is enrolled in a college prep class, along with Daichi.

• Sugawara is also shown to be Kageyama's "handler", mostly in the early chapters where he's given the task to calm Kageyama down.

• Sugawara's dedication to volleyball is clear when he decides to continue club activities even when most third years choose to retire to focus on their futures.

• A part of the fandom calls him 'Mama Suga'.

• Asahi is shown to be very in-sync with Sugawara on the court. Coach Ukai commented on their setter-spiker relationship as something that's been "built over time".

• He is also quite perceptive as he noticed how Tanaka asked for the key to the gym (back during the first years's 3-on-3 match) even though he always comes in late.

• He is also intelligent as he can come up with helpful tactics during games that his team members can use.

• Koushi literally means supporting one's elders.

• He and Daichi are shown to be very close to each another, especially with their Captain and Vice-Captain relationship.

• Furudate wrote that he got Sugawara's name when "At my previous work place, I had a senpai who got called "Suga-san". I somehow really liked the way that sounds. I named him Sugawara to be able to call him "Suga-san"."