KYŌTANI KENTARŌ

京谷 賢太郎

• Height : 178.8 cm

• Weight : 70.8 kg

• Birthday : December 7

• Age : 17

You've gotta attack at maximum power, or it won't feel satisfying at all !

• He's said to have the best ability among the second years at Aobajōsai High, but his brash attitude is cause for poor relationships with other members of the volleyball team.

• He is  a second-year wing spiker from Aobajōsai High.

• His jersey number is 16.

• Kyōtani is an easily identifiable character, particularly due to his short-cropped blond hair with two stripes running down the sides of his head, just above the ears.

• It is revealed that he has not played with the Aobajōsai team outside of a few practice matches due to his uncooperative attitude.

• He lives up to his nickname of "Mad Dog" (though this nickname was not necessarily made up by Oikawa to exemplify his fierce and brash personality).

• His current concern is that Lawson's new "Kara Age Kun" is hard to throw away.
一 The Kara Age Kun is a unique dish of fried chicken bits served by the Lawson franchise. To attract more clients, they use cute packages with mascots for carrying the food.

• He is extremely strong, and he can only hit the ball with his full strength or he "doesn't feel satisfied."

• When Kyōtani makes a dangerous move and Oikawa doesn't know what to do about it, Iwaizumi is the one who scolds him and actually hits him.

• Before high school, Kyōtani played volleyball at Minamisan Junior High (#4).

• Although they're in the same grade, Yahaba is extremely hostile and critical towards Kyōtani, more so than the rest of the players.

• According to the anime, he picked no.4 in middle school because he admired a player in the National team who played with the same number and was also known as a powerful wing spiker. He dyed his hair blonde, also because of him.

• He can also do a sideways jump from behind the setter to spike and surprise the opponent.

• His star sign is Sagittarius.

• According to Oikawa, Kyōtani has real jumping power, and his back & abdominal muscles are exceptional.

• He doesn't seem to show any respect for the third years (besides Iwaizumi), irritating them and shocking the first years upon Kentaro's return to the team.

• Oikawa seems to appreciate Kyōtani's skill, and wants to make him a better player, saying to himself that he wishes to "sharpen [his] fangs."

• He's known to only listen to Iwaizumi's words and respond to his upperclassman, as he once challenged Iwaizumi to multiple athletic competitions and lost to him every time.

• According to Coach Ukai  Kyoutani's plays are risky, so he's most likely a double-edged sword. He also noted his great body control that allowed him to spike with his left hand when necessary.

• His favorite food is Famima Chicken

• The reason for his nickname given by Oikawa is because "kyōken" means mad dog, taken from Kyōtani Kentaro. However, the kanji is entirely different.

• His eyes are sharp and appear fierce and hostile (he almost appears to be wearing eye-liner, or has dark bags beneath his eyes)

• He is nicknamed Lone Wolf High School Kid by Kiyoshi-san

• He dislikes doing feints because he prefers to spike at full power.