UKAI KEISHIN

烏養 繋心

• Height : 178.2 cm

• Weight : 72.2 kg

• Birthday :  April 5

• Age : 26

• His current concern is that he's not even 30 yet but his parents are already telling him to "Hurry up and get married."

• His star sign is Aries.

• In his youth, he had a dark buzzcut but otherwise looked the same.

• He is an alumnus of Karasuno High and was a setter on the Boys' Volleyball Club eight years ago, having had the number 2.

• He dislikes ruckuses

• He is the current coach of Karasuno High volleyball club. He is also a former player of Karasuno High as a setter.

• His favorite food is konnyaku dumplings.

• On his left ear he has two piercings.

• He smokes and drinks and is willing to speak casually about alcohol to minors, such as when he used "a first gulp of beer" to explain a volleyball tactic to Karasuno.

• He is told by Nekoma's coach, Nekomata, that he looks like his grandfather - former coach Ukai.

• It appears that Ukai is very hard-working despite what he says since he decided to switch his working schedule around so that he is working out on the farm in the early morning to make up for the time that he takes off to spend with Karasuno.

• Ukai has dyed blond hair and wears a head-band.

• Takeda has stated that Ukai excelled in mentoring underclassmen during high school and college and was very sharp at analyzing opposing schools

• Since graduating, he has been working at Sakanoshita Store, a business he inherited from his mother's side of the family.

• Not much is known about his actual play in volleyball, but it was said that he wasn't even a regular. He harbored resentment when he was not a regular in his final year of high school.

• Ukai is roughly treated by his grandfather, Ikkei, being flipped over when he came for advice and arm wrestling with him. Despite this, he still values his grandfather's advice when he brings Hinata to visit him.

• He was recruited by Takeda after persistent begging, thinking that his name would give impact to other schools.

• He has great respect for his alma mater, but he considers the first and second years as the 'hyperactive ones and simpletons', even when Kageyama doesn't consider himself as either.

• As seen in Season 2 Episode 6, he owns a yellow car which he drove in to bring Hinata to meet his grandfather.

• Furudate gave him his name because of his nature: "Training crows and connecting hearts, exactly as it says."

::

dedicated to Kazunari Tanaka