TSUKISHIMA KEI

( 月島 蛍 )

HEIGHT : 188

HEIGHT : 188.3 cm ( April )
190.1 cm ( November )

WEIGHT : 68.4 kg

BIRTHDAY : September 27

AGE : 16

SEIYUU : Kōki Uchiyama.

• Tsukishima's favorite food is strawberry shortcake.

• His star sign is Libra.

• Tsukishima is the only player on the Karasuno team who wears glasses. 

• Tsukishima's jersey number is 11 and his position is a middle blocker.

• Despite being a first year, he is the tallest player in Karasuno High, standing at 188.3 cm (now at 190.1 cm as of Chapter 207).

• He is often seen with a frown or a condescending smirk on his face.

• He keeps toy dinosaurs on a shelf above his desk. Whether he actually likes dinosaurs is unknown, but it can be assumed that he does, as is demonstrated in a Let's! Haikyuu!? chapter.

• Furudate picked Tsukishima's name because "His last name has 'moon' (月) to contrast Hinata's 'sun' (日). But I named him 'firefly' (蛍) because he can emit light on his own."

• In Haikyū!!: One Shot, Tsukishima was actually as a second year while Hinata and Kageyama were first years. He was also only 184 cm.

• Tsukishima is often referred to as the moon while Hinata is the sun due to their surnames and opposing personalities.

• Tsukishima's current concern is upon entering high school, he once again has to put up with various people asking how to read the character if his first name.

• In a poll conducted by Charapedia, a Japanese anime and manga character database, that asked which anime characters would they choose as the basis for their children's name, Tsukishima came in 9th with 98 votes among female respondents.

• He is always seen with his Sony (Somy in anime) headphones around his neck whenever he's not practicing or playing.

• Tsukishima appears to be good at studying, as he belongs to Class 1-4, known to be a college preparatory class.

• His birthday falls upon the day of the Harvest Moon–which is when the Mid-Autumn Festival, also known as the Moon Festival, on the Chinese calendar is celebrated in September 2015. Coincidentally, the first character in his name means "moon". In addition, Tsukishima was often seen with a crescent moon symbol on the back of his hoodies and jackets as a child.

• Since Chapter 109, Tsukishima started wearing prescription sports glasses (a gift from his older brother, Akiteru) in the matches.

• Tsukishima is very blunt and will sometimes rile his teammates up (most notably being Hinata, Kageyama, Nishinoya, and Tanaka).

• Tsukishima is shown to be proficient at blocking. It has been said by Kenma that he was a calm and collected blocker who thoroughly analyses his actions, quite contrary to Hinata's behavior.

• Tsukishima is shown to be close friends with Yamaguchi, who calls him by his nickname, Tsukki.

• When they were younger , Tsukishima rescued Yamaguchi from bullies by calling them pathetic. Becausse of this Yamaguchi became attached to him wanting to be 'cool' like him.

• Tsukishima dislikes hot-blooded people (such as Hinata and Kageyama).

• Tsukishima used to go Amemaru Middle School with Yamaguchi.

::
next :  Yamaguchi Facts
leave a vote & comment :)