TANAKA RYŪNOSUKE

田中 龍之介

• Height : - 177.2 cm (April)
- 178.2 cm (November)

• Weight : 68.8 kg

• Birthday : March 3

• Age : 16

• His favorite food is melonpan.

• Tanaka's current concern is that he once tried calling out to a lost-looking first year girl to tell her the way to her classroom, but she started to cry.

• His star sign is Pisces.

• Tanaka also has a large interest in Kiyoko Shimizu, similar to Yū Nishinoya. He often approaches her and tries to talk to her. Even though he is usually being ignored by her, it turns him on.

• He is a player that never gives up on the ball.

• Tanaka has a shaved head with a widow's peak and sharp blue/grey eyes (golden brown in the manga coloured illustrations) which lead many to mistake him as a delinquent.

• He has exceptionally good hearing.

• His jersey number is 5 and he is a wing spiker on Karasuno High Boy's Volleyball Club.

• He tends to make strange faces to try to scare and intimidate others, which Daichi scolds him for.

• He also has the tendency to take off his shirt and spin it over his head when he scores a point in practices.

• According to Keishin Ukai, Tanaka is the second strongest spiker in Karasuno (Asahi being the first) and most importantly, his ability to perform when he's cornered doesn't deteriorate.

• After the Summer Training Camp Arc, Tanaka seemed to have improved the ferocity of his cross & straight spikes.

• Furudate gave him this name because "He's Tanaka because he's Tanaka-ish! I tried to give him a really cool name and that ended up being Ryūnosuke!"

• Kiyoko Shimizu's Seiyuu says that her personal favourite character is Tanaka.

• He is also somewhat of a slacker, shown by his less-than-stellar work ethic in school and his usual lateness to practices. Despite this, he is shown to be caring and supportive towards his teammates, and even protective of his underclassmen.

• Saeko Tanaka is Ryūnosuke Tanaka's older sister and a former student at Karasuno High. She is an employee at Karasuno Eatery (manga)/Karasuno Kitchen (anime).

• Tanaka and Yamamoto have similar looks and personalities: they're both loud and delinquent-like. At their very first meeting, they didn't get along well and almost fought.
However, after the match Yamamoto approached Tanaka and admitted that he likes Shimizu, causing the two to bond over their crush.