ENNOSHITA CHIKARA

縁下 力

• Height : - 175.4 cm (April)
              - 176.1 cm (November)

• Weight : 66.4 kg

• Birthday : December 26

• Age : 16

• His favorite food is vinegared sea pineapple

• Ennoshita is an average-looking guy, with slightly downturned eyes causing him to have a somewhat sleepy look on his face.

• His star sign is Capricorn.

• His jersey number is 6 and he is one of the team's wing spikers.

• He often doesn't attract much attention and often goes unmentioned even when he's on court.

• He seems quiet and reserved but can behave boldly towards the other 2nd years.

• His current concern is even when he's really fired up, people tell him he looks sleepy.

• He's smart and hasn't received a failing mark before.

• He's also able to understand and relate to different people, as stated a few times by Tanaka and when he knew what to do to give Yamaguchi some courage before his jump float serve.

• He used to be #3 until Asahi and Noya returned.

• Even though he is a bench player, his smart thinking in games is what got him voted to be the next captain for the whole team next year, by the time the current third years graduate and leave for university. He also filled in for Daichi as a captain and as a wing spiker after he collided with Tanaka and was injured.

• Similarly to Sugawara, he can usually be seen with a gentle smile on his face.

• He's shown to be quite talented at film making. He's made several movies, using his teammates and other volleyball team members to help him out.

• He's the only one within the 2nd years to be able to control Tanaka and Nishinoya.

• Prior to the events in Haikyuu, Ennoshita leaves the volleyball team, together with Kinoshita and Narita as they are unable to keep up with Ikkei Ukai's harsh training methods.
They come back after they hear about Ukai Sr.'s hospitalization and regret their decision, starting to call themselves "The Ungrateful Second Years".

• In chapter 119 after Daichi collided and had to be taken out, Ennoshita took his spot. He helped encourage Tanaka, who felt guilty about colliding with Daichi.

• Ennoshita's fundamentals all seem pretty much intermediate, as commented by Iwaizumi, his playing style isn't that bad, but wasn't that outstanding overall, he is predominantly a left-wing spiker, and rather poor on the right side.

• He appears to be good friends with Kinoshita and Narita and is often seen with them during practice or games.

• To Tanaka and Nishinoya's dismay, he can talk normally with Kiyoko Shimizu without being ignored.

• His name comes from the expression "en no shita no chikara mochi" (縁の下の力持ち) which refers to a person who does a thankless task or who works without expecting credit.