Random Facts 2

• Karasuno High also has a girls' volleyball club, with Yui Michimiya as the captain during the Interhigh and an unnamed captain (a first or second year) replacing Yui after her retirement for the Spring High. However, they don't do very well in their matches due to lack of practice.

• The Aoba Johsai Boy's Volleyball Team is ranked in the top four of the prefecture.

• A group of crows is called a "murder" and they can get angry easily.

• There is a girls' tennis club, boys' soccer club, boys' basketball club, boys' tennis club, and boys' baseball clubs as well at Karasuno.

• Kageyama and Hinata are bad at studying and require supplementary lessons.

•  Aobajōsai is represented as plants.

• The girls at Karasuno High are attracted to Kageyama because of how serious he usually looks and his ability as a volleyball player (they assume he's the ace).

• Date Tech's primary strategy is to start off with a powerful serve, which is aimed to break the opponent's formation, and then to block the return-attack.

• Karasuno High has two gyms and a track field. The girls' volleyball club and boys' basketball club practice in First Gymnasium; the boys' volleyball club practices in Second Gymnasium.

• The fictional brand for their uniforms and warm-up sweats is shown to be a foot with the letters "ics" underneath. The word for foot in Japanese is "ashi", so the full name would be "ashi-ics". This is a play on the name for the real life sports brand "asics", which in Japanese would be pronounced the same way. Asics is a Japanese sports company, and is recognized worldwide for their volleyball athletic wear.

• Ushijima compares the Aoba Johsai volleyball club to plants growing in infertile soil, though some players have disagreed with his analogy.

• Like many of the other teams featured in the series, all of Karasuno seems to wear "asics" volleyball shoes, based on their shoe design.

• It has been noted that Seijoh team's strength is actually based on the star setter, Tōru Oikawa, who balances and brings out all of the players' abilities.

• Like most Japanese high schools, Karasuno holds an annual sports festival. One of its events is a four-member relay race between the school's sports clubs. The winning club receives 20 boxes of sports drink mix.