Chapter 2 Continuation...

Vince was already fuming in anger. Madilim na rin ang hilatsa nang pagmumukha niya. He was just controlling his emotions which literally were screaming murder now inside his chest. He hated the feeling but he couldn't help it.

He took a sharp intake of breath. He was in a middle of an important conversation with Rohan and the witch just ruined it. Kanina nang makita niya si Diadem sa bulwagan ng restaurant habang kaagapay sa paglalakad si Rohan, he made sure that Rohan would not turn his head to see her. Pero nalingat lang siya nang kaunti at magkatitigan na ang dalawa.

And it was too late. He knew Rohan was under her spell already. He could see the look of admiration in his eyes for Diadem. And the thought that she was flirting with another man irritated him the most.

"You like her?" Mapait sa dila niya ang binitawang mga salita. At mahapdi rin sa dibdib. He didn't want any man falling for her. He had plans.

Rohan's eyes glistened. "Yes," he answered with conviction. "I think I really like her, Vince."

He tried so hard to remain cool and unaffected. Pero parang gusto na niyang pagsusuntukin ang pagmumukha ni Rohan hanggang sa dumugo ang ilong nito.

"She's a bitch, Rohan..." Napatiimbagang siya.

"You know her?" Tila nabigla sa sinabi niya ang lalaki.

"Yes," kaagad ang sagot niya. "I knew her very well." May utang ito sa kanya at oras na ng kanyang paniningil.

"She knew you?"

"Nope." Seryoso pa rin ang ekspresyon niya.

Napangiti si Rohan. "Type mo rin siya?"

Napapitlag siya sa tanong nito. May kung anong pumitik sa loob ng kanyang dibdib. "Of course not!"

Natawa si Rohan.

"What's funny?" His eyebrows cocked as he looked at him, displeased.

"You should try harder convincing me next time around, Vince," anito habang napapailing. "The look in your face is a perfect contrast to what you just said. Anyways, I really like her, Pare..."

"You'll pursue her?" His voice notched a little higher. Rohan had been his good friend for a good number of years now. Mas lalo pa silang naging close nang kunin nito ang serbisyo niya bilang chief contractor ng The Temptres Hotel and Resort.

He was an engineer and his construction firm was one of the most successful firms in the country. Building infrastructures had been his passion eversince he graduated in College. It was his escape from the pressures of life.

It had been four years since he established VB Construction and he had numerous construction projects already undertaken. Most of them were really high end and big projects like The Temptress Hotel and Resort.

Four years ago, he had to appoint a smart executive to be the CEO of Infinity Oil, a big oil manufacturing company with main headquarters in Dubai. He had inherited the multi-billion company from his estranged father. He needed to do that so that he could start his own construction firm in the Philippines. It was a tough decision but proved to be a smart move.

Maaasahan ang taong inatasan niyang mamahala sa Infinity Oil kahit paminsan-minsan ay tsinetsek niya ang finances ng kumpanya at kung anu-ano pang mahahahalagang mga bagay. Kumuha rin siya ng serbisyo ng isang independent audit firm just to make sure everything was running okay. And the company was doing well especially in the Arab Gulf.

And he was reaping his own success, too, in the Philippines with VB Construction. In just a matter of four years, his firm was one of the largest in the country.