Still Chapter 17

Kaagad na nagsilabasan sa loob ng conference room ang ibang miyembro ng board. She turned off the projector and picked her reports. Pagkatapos maibalik sa folder ang mga papel ay binitbit niya iyon. She walked to the door to go out when Vince stopped her.

"Diadem..."

Her feet stopped moving. May kung anong kamay na humagod sa kanyang dibdib nang marinig ang pangalan niya mula sa lalaki.

"We meet again..." This time around, his voice was husky yet still sounded dangerous.

She spun around. Vince was still in his seat, and his predatoric eyes hovered at her. Wala ng ibang tao sa loob ng conference room maliban sa kanilang dalawa. Nakakalokong nginisihan niya ito. "So, you followed me? Why, have you missed me, huh, Vince?"

His lips just twisted. "Would your ego be pricked if I tell you that it's not like what you think it is, huh, Diadem? Yes, I followed you here in GOC, but not to woe you, woman. It's far from that. Don't be delusional." An evil glint sparked in his eyes.

She was outraged at what he said. Galit na lumapit siya rito. "Puwes!" Her teeth gritted as she faced him, "Hindi ka magtatagumpay sa kung anumang masamang bagay na binabalak mo laban sa akin, Vince. Bistado na kita," pauyam na pahayag niya.

Natawa lamang ang lalaki.

"You won't win over me, Vince. Tandaan mo iyan!" Kung puwede nga lang na isaksak niya iyon sa kukute ng walang modong lalaking ito ay ginawa na sana niya.

But he only cocked his head. Ni hindi man lang ito naapektuhan sa sinabi niya. "You had your time, Diadem. You won by a landslide before. But this time around, sorry, sweetheart, but you'll lose by a landslide, too." Tumiim ang pagkakatitig nito sa kanya.

Ngumisi lamang siya. "Kung nagawa kong ilampaso si Winona noon, magagawa ko rin iyan sa iyo ngayon."

He rose on his feet. Naging mabalasik ang pagmumukha nito. Obviously, he didn't like what she just said. He snatched her elbow, and she flinched, but he didn't let go of her arm. "Don't be too confident, sweetheart," his smile did not reflect in his blazing eyes. "You're time is over. Ikaw naman ngayon ang magdurusa. I can fucking destroy your life in an instant if I want to! I can make you bleed!" he hissed at her.

Diadem hated to entertain his threat, but deep within her she knew that he was capable of doing that to her. But she wouldn't give him the satisfaction to see her cower like a scared kitty. "Well, haven't you already made me bleed, Vince?" sarkastikong wika niya. But it was a mistake.

Her insinuation of him popping her cherry only heightened the tension between them. His eyes suddenly turned smoky, and she shivered a little when his eyes landed at her lips. The film of desire suddenly engulfed between them. Her stomach clenched as their hot sexual encounter inside his hotel suite flashed back in her mind. She jolted when his knuckles caressed her cheek. Oh God, she should run now that she still had time!

"Yes, sweetheart," his warm breathing fanned her face. "I know that I have already made you bleed, but I still want more blood." His face was as hard as stone, but he looked at her with unmistakable lust. It made her heart pump harder.

His hand cupped her chin. She tried to avoid his eyes, but he raised her chin so she could look at him. Their eyes locked, and that raw desire in his eyes captivated her. Just the thought of him kissing her elicited a jolt of carnal excitement deep within her. She felt hot liquid slithered between her thighs.

"Diadem..."

For a moment, she just stared at him. Hell! But she missed looking at his enigmatic eyes. Kahit pa nagbabadya ng panganib ang mga iyon para sa kanya. And oh, she missed his touch, too!

"I can fucking destroy your life in an instant if I want to..."

That served as her warning shot. This man was an enemy who was out to destroy her. At hindi niya dapat ito pinahihintulutan na hawakan siya. Much more, take advantage of her weakness. Umigkas ang isang kamay niya at tumama sa pisngi ng lalaki. "Don't ever dare touch me again!" she snarled at him. Pagkatapos ay kaagad siyang tumalikod at patakbong lumabas ng conference room. She had to run away from him, or else she would be a dead meat.