Chapter 28 continuation...

Tahimik lamang si Rohan habang ginagamot niya ang mga pasa at sugat nito sa mukha. Pumutok ang isang kilay nito. May sugat din ito sa labi. He was fuming. Hindi niya alam kung mahapdi ang cotton na may alcohol na ipinapahid niya sa sugat nito dahil ni hindi man lang ito nasasaktan. His mind was obviously drifting somewhere. Was he thinking about Jace? She had witnessed enough to understand that Rohan and Jace had a past. And Rohan was still affected by it. She dabbed another set of cotton buds with betadine on his wounds. Maya-maya pa ay tapos na siya. She set aside the things that she used to treat him.

"Thanks, Diadem..." Napansin siguro nitong tapos na siya at nakatingin lamang dito.

Nanatili siyang tahimik. Nakatingin lamang siya sa lalaki. She was trying to gauge his feelings. Maya-maya ay napatitig ito sa kanya. They looked at each other for minutes. She could see a lot of things that were going on with him through his eyes. She pulled a sigh. Then, she broke the silence between them. "Are we still pushing the plan to get married?" she asked softly.

His expression changed. Huminga ito nang malalim. He searched for her hand. "The wedding will pursue, Diadem, despite what had happened. Humihingi ako ng paumanhin dahil sa kaguluhang naganap."

"Paano si Jace?"

Nagbaba ito ng paningin. "Jace was just a part of my past," maya-maya ay sagot nito. "We had a past. She's my ex-girlfriend. I thought we're already meant to be. Then, something happend that I don't really understand. And she suddenly disappeared." He looked at her, his eyes apologizing. "Hindi ko lang napigilan ang sarili ko ngayong gabi, Diadem. It's the first time that we met again after three years. We've been together for five years. Matagal-tagal din iyon kaya nasaktan talaga ako nang lumayo siya. Tapos nalaman ko pang nasa Dubai lamang pala siya at si Vince ang tumutulong sa kanyang pagtatago roon. My ex and my friend betrayed me. I was overwhelmed."

Napalunok na lamang siya nang marinig ang pangalan ni Vince. "You look like you're not over with Jace yet, Rohan," she commented honestly as she studied his reaction.

Napailing ito. "Nabigla lang ako, Diadem." His eyes turned cold. "I am not expecting to see Jace tonight. That was just it. And now that I finally knew that she had just been hiding all along, we're already done. Actually, our relationship was over three years ago. Vince just tugged her with him to ruin our engagement party. And the bastard succeeded."

"Aren't you going to settle your issues with Jace?" she asked again.

"We've talked already," he answered in a bland voice. "Wala na kaming dapat pag-usapan pa."

"Rohan..." She looked at him seriously. "If we're going to get married, you have to settle your issues with Jace first. I'll try to settle my issues with Vince, too." Pero hindi niya alam kung papaano gagawin iyon. She was scared to be alone with Vince. Baka hindi na naman siya makakapag-isip nang matino.

"Tapos na ang lahat sa pagitan namin ni Jace, Diadem," matigas na wika ni Rohan. "I already gave you my word. We're getting married. No one can change that, not even Jace."

Ngumiti siya nang mapait. "I appreciate your word of honor, Rohan. But I will actually understand if you'll back out."

"I am not backing out, Diadem," he insisted.

"Walang divorce sa Pilipinas, Rohan at mahirap ang annulment. Baka dumating ang araw na pagsisisihan mo ito."

"Ikaw, Diadem, hindi mo na ba gustong ituloy ang plano natin?" tanong nito sa kanya. "I really like you, to be honest."

Muli ay mapait na naman siyang napangiti. Like. Yeah, Rohan liked her. Just like how she liked him, too. They liked each other. But he loved Jace.

"Do you still love, Vince, despite what he had done to you? That's why you're having second thoughts?"