Chapter 20 continuation...

Kanina pa siya naka-park sa basement pero hindi pa rin lumalabas sa kanyang sasakyan si Rohan. He adjusted the volume of his car stereo so the blaring rock music that he was listening to would completely occupy his mind.

He closed his eyes and for a moment, he entertained the chaos brought by the heavy metal music. The sound of the electric guitar, drums, and the yell of the vocalist served as therapy to his uneased soul. He really didn't dig this kind of chaotic music, but during times like this where he was bothered and uneasy, it calms him. Sure, it could be some kind of an oxymoron, but it works for him. Kanina pa siya hindi mapalagay sa kanyang kinauupuan. Sunod-sunod ang paghugot niya nang malalalim na buntong-hininga. God! He hated this feeling. Parang maiihi yata na matatae siya. It was funny, alright, but it paled in comparison to what he really felt at the moment. He had prepared himself so long already for this moment to come, but it seems that he still wasn't prepared at all. Nakakangilo ang antisipasyong nararamdaman niya.

Rohan ran his hands over his neatly combed hair, tousling the smooth tendrils, his eyes squinting. Napahawak siya sa manibela nang mahigpit at napamura nang malutong. Huminga siya nang napakalalim. Parang gusto na yata niyang iurong ang kanyang plano. But he knew that he better pursue it. It's now or never at all. He better had to sort his feelings and get over his uneasiness. Man, he just had to meet his father for the first time, as simple as that.

He glanced at his wristwatch. He only had ten minutes left to sort himself out. He had an appointment with John Sy at two thirty in the afternoon. His secretary arranged this meeting in the guise of business related transaction. But the truth was, he just wanted to meet his father face to face.

If not for Diadem, he wouldn't be doing this. Not at this moment. Or maybe not at all. He had lived thirty years of his life without him, definitely, he could live more. But there was this tiny voice at the back of his mind telling him about these two powerful words - 'what if.' What if he gets to know his real father?

Rohan turned off the stereo. And with bleak expression, he went out of his shiny, expensive sports car. He heard that John Sy had vast collection of expensive sports cars in his wide garage, that he loves driving fast cars, too, just like him. But he refused to consider the idea that maybe he got this fascination for fast cars from his father.

Nang masigurong naka-lock ang lahat ng pinto ng kotse ay parang tuod na tinugpa niya ang daan patungo sa elevator. He was in the tallest building in the Philippines, where his father housed his luxurious office. He couldn't help, but think how his father favored extremities. From the largest mall, to the tallest building and to the fastest cars. The man was quite something. Sa kabila ng personal na galit ni Rohan sa ama ay hindi niya maiwasang humanga sa mga nagawa nito. At sixty, he had amassed such huge wealth that could even buy the entire Philippine archipelago, should that was feasible. And to think that he started his empire from scratch. The old man's mind and business prowess were legendary. And he would love to have those, too.

Actually, may napatunayan na rin naman siya sa buhay. He was a successful man in his own right. He had pocketed a few billion pesos already and the figure keeps on increasing. With the rate that he was faring right now, he could be as rich as John Sy after more or less thirty years.

He pushed the elevator button and waited for the door to open. Habang lumilipas ang mga minuto ay mas lalong nararagdagan ang kanyang pagkabalisa. Ano kaya ang mangyayari kapag nagkaharap na sila ng kanyang ama? Whew! Napabuga siya ng hangin. What would be his father's reaction if he knew about his existence? Ah... he just couldn't wait to find out. He just couldn't wait to serve him the biggest surprise of his life.

Bumukas ang pintuan ng elevator at pumasok siya sa loob. He punched a number and waited for the lift to take him to his destination. Puno pa rin nang agam-agam ang kanyang dibdib.