Chapter 20

Napatingin siya sa lalaki. She was really glad that he wanted to help, yet she knew that he couldn't help her the way that John could.

"Gusto kitang tulungan, Diadem..." seryosong wika nito habang magkahinang ang kanilang mga mata.

"Thank you so much, Rohan, but what I want to do now is to kick Vince out of GOC. I want to buy him out. But the jerk priced his shares more than what I can afford." Her face hardened at the thought.

Rohan looked as if lost in his own thoughts. Then, he gently asked, "So you need money?"

Marahan siyang tumango bilang pagkumpirma. "I need lots and lots of money, Rohan. Something that could buy that damned devil!" Nagngalit ang mga bagang niya. "That's why I'm planning to marry a good old man who can give me what I need."

Nabigla si Rohan sa kanyang sinabi. "You're marrying a filthy, old man just that?" hindi makapaniwalang bulalas nito.

"But I don't have a choice, Rohan. Someone wanted to help me with this freaking dilemma. And I just couldn't say no. I need his goddamned money, for Pete's sake!" helpless na litanya niya.

For the first time since they met, she saw Rohan turned serious. Like he was really into their conversation. "I can help you, too, Diadem," he uttered with firmness. "You don't have to marry an old man. You can marry me instead."

Napailing siya. Rohan was asking her to marry him? Wow! That was amazing! Kung wala lamang siyang kinakaharap na problema ay mabilis pa sa alas-kuwatro na tatanggapin niya ang alok nito. Afterall, she chose him to be her husband. But things were different now.

"I don't know what to say, Rohan..." She was trying to find the most appropriate words to say. "You're such a good man. I would love to be married to you, but..." she shook her head again... "you know what I need, Rohan. I just don't need millions here. I need more than that."

Humigpit ang pagkakahawak nito sa kanyang mga balikat. "I know, Diadem. I don't have the money that you need right now," he paused for a moment as he held her eyes, "but my father has. I think it is time for him to get to know me."

Napamaang siya sa narinig. Rohan just spilled something so personal to her.

He scoffed as his brown eyes crinkled. "I have my own drama in life, Diadem, just like you. I'm a love child of a business tycoon, and he didn't know anything about my existence yet. Maybe, I could give him a surprise one of these days. He sure would love to know about me as he apparently had no heir. He had daughters though with no interest about his businesses but spending his money."

"You don't have to do this, Rohan..." marahang wika niya habang napapailing.

"But I want to do this, Diadem..." maigting na sambit nito. "This is not bad afterall. I'll have reasons to connect to my father, you'll have the money that you need. You know, I have this little yearning in my heart to get to know the father that I never had. But I don't know how would I approach him and introduce myself."

"Rohan..."

He cupped her face with his hands. "Marry me instead. Help me get acquainted with my Dad, please..." Nagsusumamo ang mga mata nito.

Napalunok siya. "But... but... I'm... no longer a virgin..." Sa kawalan nang masasabi ay iyon ang kanyang nasambit.

His brown eyes twinkled as he chuckled amusedly. "Of course, that won't matter."

She could just gape at him. "You sure don't mind?"

Tumango ito. "I once fell in love with a virgin, Diadem, but we ended up having separate ways. So yeah, it doesn't matter."

"Okay..." Iyon na lamang ang nasabi niya.

He smiled at her as if very pleased. "So it's a yes?"

Napangiti na lamang siya. If he could give her what she needs, why not? Afterall, Rohan was her bet to be her husband. At gumagawa ang pagkakataon ngayon para magkatuluyan silang dalawa. Tumango siya bilang sagot.

"Thank you!" masayang bulalas nito. His hands draped around her shoulders as he gave her a loose hug. Hindi siya nito mayakap nang maayos dahil may mesa sa pagitan nilang dalawa.

"Anyways, so who is your father, Rohan?" she couldn't help but ask. Masyado kasi siyang na-curious.

"He owns the largest mall in Asia, Diadem, and a lot more..." kaswal na sagot nito.

"Oh!" She was caught off guard. Muntik na tuloy siyang mahulog sa kanyang kinauupuan. "Si John Sy?" hindi makapaniwalang pagkumpirma niya.

Rohan only nodded his head.

And her jaw fell open in shock.

OMG!