Chapter 42

Pakiramdam ni Vince ay mapupugtuan siya ng hininga anumang sandali habang nagmamaneho siya ng sasakyan papuntang Medical City.

The thought that Diadem attempted to take her own life was like a spear that was slowly and gradually digging in his heart. He could feel the pain and insane worry about her safety and wellbeing. And he couldn't wait to arrive in the hospital.

Parang lumilipad na nga yata ang kotse niya habang tumatakbo pero pakiramdam niya ay usad pagong pa rin iyon. Hindi siya maayos na nakakahinga habang lumilipas ang mga minuto.

Kapag may nangyaring masama kay Diadem ay hindi niya mapapatawad ang kanyang sarili. He knew that he was accountable for her pain and suffering.

Napapukpok siya sa manibela. He was fuming and praying hard that she was just okay, that she wasn't in a delicate condition. Just the thought of her dying made him wanted to bang his head until he goes numb. Worry, fear, pain and panic swept through him and it was maddening.

He arrived in Medical City in record breaking time. It was a miracle that he hadn't encountered a road accident by the speed of his driving. Mabilis na ipinarada niya ang sasakyan sa parking lot at patakbong pumasok ng hospital. Nasa emergency room daw si Diadem at kasalukuyang ginagamot ng mga doktor.

Humahangos na nakarating siya sa E.R. Nandoon sa labas ng pintuan si Rohan. Nang makita siya nito ay kaagad siya nitong sinalubong at binigwasan ng suntok. Na-off balance siya at natumba sa sahig. He had just realized that he wasn't physically strong. Of course, he hadn't eaten for a day. Alcohol lamang ang laman ng kanyang sikmura.

"This is all your fault, Vince!" galit na singhal ni Rohan sa kanya. "Masaya ka na ba ngayon ha?! Diadem was fighting for her life! This is what you wanted, right?"

He managed to prop on his knees. Nakaupo sa sahig na napasandal siya sa dingding. If Rohan was thinking that he was celebrating now that Diadem was in a brink of death, he was dead wrong. This was too painful for him and it was actually ripping his heart apart. Napailing siya.

"I'm sorry, Rohan..." mahinang daing niya habang napahilamos sa mukha.

"Sorry? Ganoon na lamang ba iyon, ha, Vince?" Rohan fumed as he scowled.

"Hindi ko rin gusto ang nangyaring ito, Rohan!" he snapped at him. Hindi na nga madali sa kanya ang nangyari, sinusundot pa nitong lalo ang kanyang konsensiya!

"But this is all your fault!"

"I know!" miserable siyang napasuklay sa buhok. "Feel free to hit me if that will make you feel better." Maybe it would make him feel fucking better, too! He already had the urge to hit himself for what he did.

Lumapit ito sa kanya. His leg flicked and kicked him in his shoulders. He just groaned in pain. Muli siyang sinipa nito. It hurt him, alright, but the pain that he had in his chest didn't burn in oblivion. It was still there.

"You!" Dinuro siya ni Rohan, but he stopped hitting him. "This will be the last time that you can get to Diadem and hurt her, Vince! Dahil hinding-hindi na kita papayagan pang saktan mo siya!"

Napaungol lamang siya. "You're right, Rohan. This is the last time that I'll hurt Diadem. I won't hurt her ever anymore," nakapikit na usal niya.

"Buti naman kung ganoon!" galit pa ring singhal nito.

He opened his eyes and looked at his friend. He knew that he cared for Diadem, but he was claiming her his now. Rohan should do what he must do. And that was to follow Jace.

"I promise not to hurt Diadem ever again, Rohan," seryosong pahayag niya. "I'll just take good care of her and love her..."

He stormed towards him and pulled him up. He grabbed the collar of his poloshirt, almost choking him. "What did you just say, you bastard?" mapanganib na tanong nito habang nagbabaga ang mga mata.

Buong tapang na tinitigan niya si Rohan. He was weak, alright, but he wouldn't ever be intimidated this way. "You heard me loud and clear, Rohan," may igting na wika niya. "I love Diadem!" emotional na pahayag niya.

"Liar!" Muli siyang binigwasan nito ng suntok.

He didn't retaliate. Well, he would be more than happy to accept Rohan's blows. Kulang pa nga iyon. Hindi pa namamanhid ang kanyang pakiramdam. "I love Diadem, Rohan, and that's the fucking truth! I fell in love with her!"

He pushed him hard against the wall. "She's mine, Vince! We're getting married!"

"Just leave her to me, Rohan, please..." he almost begged. It was the first time in his life to beg for a woman.

"And then what? For you to hurt her every fucking day of your life?"

"I'm giving you my word now, Rohan. I won't hurt her anymore. I'm done with my revenge. I'm regretting everything that I did. I hope it's not yet too late for me to put things in their proper places."

Ngumiti nang mapakla si Rohan. "Too bad, but it's already too late, Vince. Diadem would soon be my wife and we'll raise a family together."

"And do you think I will just watch in the corner, huh?" His lips twisted in a daring smirk. "I'll fight for her, too. I'll fight for my love." He pushed Rohan away.

"Ang kapal naman ng mukha mong sabihin iyan! Pagkatapos ng mga ginawa mo kay Diadem?"

"Look, Rohan..." he breathed hard. "We all know that you still love Jace after all these years. Why don't you just pursue her? You don't fucking love Diadem, for fuck's sake! Leave us alone so we could fix our issues. And you," he pointed his finger at his pal. "Fix your own life, too."

"Stop dragging Jace into this, Vince," Rohan muttered menacingly. "That bitch and I were already over three years ago!"

"Jace needs you now, Rohan." His voice became cold and flat. "I know she's going to hate me for this, but you need to know. She rushed back to Dubai a week ago because her son contracted a deadly virus."

"She had a son?" Rohan looked surprise.

"Yes," he shot him a serious stare. "Your son, Rohan," he informed him. "She was pregnant when she sought solace in Dubai. You knocked her up."

Napaatras ito. "We had a son?" nalilitong tanong nito.

"Yes!" he quipped. "And he's sick now. I bet he was looking for his father's love."

Rohan's chest swelled. He chased his breaths for a moment. Halatang hindi ito makapaniwala sa natuklasan.

"Are you just going to stand there while your son is sick in the hospital?"

"Of course not!" he scoffed angrily. He paced in the corridor as if panicking.

"Then, fly to Dubai, Rohan. Jace and your son are waiting for you."

"Paano si Diadem?" Tumigil ito at nilingon siya.

"I'll take good care of her. You have nothing to worry about," he assured him.

"You sure?" He shot him a doubtful look.

He sighed. "I just realized that I'm madly in love with Diadem, Rohan. And I couldn't live without her anymore. So yeah, I'm very, very sure that I'll take good care of her. Babawi ako sa mga nagawa ko sa kanya."

"Saan ko makikita si Jace?" tanong nito habang mahigpit na nakakuyom ang kamao.

He breathed a sigh of relief. Sinabi niya kung saan matatagpuan si Jace. Iyon lang at umalis na si Rohan. Naiwan siyang nag-iisa sa harap ng pintuan ng emergency room.

Now, what the fuck was he going to do?