Chapter 19 last part...

"It was Vince?" he echoed in surprise.

Marahan siyang tumango bilang pagkumpirma. Muli ay napabuntong-hininga na naman siya.

"I don't understand..." he said in confusion.

"You see, we have this family feud that's as old as time," pagpapaliwanag niya. "It's kinda complicated and a long story, but to cut it short, I found out that Vince pursued me so he could avenge his foster mother. He was out to seek revenge. He wanted to destroy me and my company." Nanikip ang kanyang dibdib sa isiping iyon. "Napasok na niya ang GOC, Rohan. He managed to buy 30% of the shares. If I won't stop him, he'll snatch the control of the company from me."

He remained mum, but he was listening. "I can talk to Vince-"

Napailing siya. "Believe me, Rohan, this feud couldn't be fixed through peaceful negotiation. You don't understand." She sighed in frustration.

Mataman siyang tinitigan nito. She knew that Rohan could see how helpless she was. "Vince's foster mother, Winona," she swallowed hard as she felt the bitter taste on the tip of her tongue upon mentioning Winona's name, "she was my father's mistress, the reason why my family fell apart. My father died when he eloped with her. It made my Mom so devastated that she took her own life..." She straightened her back on the chair and shut her eyes hard.

The pain of her miserable past was unbearable, something that she didn't want to feel anymore. But she had no other choice. Hindi siya maiintindihan ni Rohan kung hindi niya ikukuwento rito kung ano ang nangyari noon.

She could feel her heart constricting at the combination of pain, frustration, sadness and misery. Sa loob ng ilang segundo ay nahirapan siyang huminga.

Napakapit siya sa kanyang dibdib at marahang hinilot iyon. She really could feel the strain in her heart. Lalo na kapag naiisip niya ang posibilidad na maagaw sa kanya ni Vince ang kontrol sa GOC at pababagsakin nito ang kumpanya. My, but she couldn't afford to entertain the horrible idea! GOC was her life, and seeing the company crumble to pieces was the death of her.

She felt the gentle tap on her hand. "Diadem... are you okay?" Rohan sounded worried as he checked on her.

Hindi siya nagmulat ng mga mata. Marahan lamang siyang tumango habang patuloy siya sa paghilot sa kanyang dibdib. Pero unti-unti nang lumuluwag ang kanyang pakiramdam.

"Did you already see a cardiologist after my sister advised you to?"

Napailing siya. A date with a cardiologist was her last priority. Lalo na sa problemang kinakaharap niya sa ngayon. Marahan siyang nagmulat ng mga mata. "I'm okay, Rohan," she whispered in a hoarse voice. "I'm just stressed, but I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" He eyed her as if he wasn't convinced.

"Yeah..." She removed her hand from her chest. "My problem is Vince, Rohan, and not my health."

He sighed. "But they're connected, Diadem," he mumbled. "This hulabaloo, this conflict between you and Vince is causing a strain in your health."

Napatiim-bagang na lamang siya. Tama si Rohan. Naaapektuhan na ang kalusugan niya. She better find a fix to her problem, asap. It was already taking a toll on her.

"I'll talk to Vince," pagpapatuloy nito. "This feud between the two of you should be fixed. He's a friend. He will listen to me."

Muli siyang napailing. Hindi siya naiintindihan nito. Though she really appreciate that he wanted to help, but talking to Vince wouldn't help her at all. "You know, I've been harsh to Winona some time in the past, Rohan. Ipinaghiganti ko ang pagkasawi ng aking mga magulang. You couldn't imagine the extent of what I did. The woman suffered from my hands. I couldn't blame Vince if he hated me so much that he was using all his resources now to get back at me. He won't stop until he sees me bleed. He wants my blood, Rohan."

"Wow!" He cocked his head, amazed at what he had discovered.

"The only thing that I can do now is to protect GOC. And I would do everything to stop him from his evil plans. You see, he wanted to take over GOC so he could get it bankrupt. He knew that it is the best way to hurt me. Hindi ko makakaya iyon, Rohan," helpless na pahayag niya. "I promised to my dying mother that I'll take care of the company. I gave my whole life to it. I just can't afford to let someone destory GOC. It's my life, Rohan..." Her voice quivered involuntarily that she was forced to stop talking for a moment. Miserableng naihilamos niya ang mga kamay sa mukha.

She felt his hands on her shoulders, comforting her. "How can I help, Diadem?"