Chapter 32

It had been three days since he became GOC's Chairman of the Board. In that quick span of time, he managed to put up his own office in GOC. Malapit lang iyon sa opisina ni Diadem. He could see her if she comes to work. But he hadn't heard of her after the engagement party. Hindi ito pumasok sa trabaho. Absent? Strange. Sa pagkakaalam niya, Diadem's work ethics was exceptional. Pero tatlong araw na itong hindi nagpapakita sa GOC.

Vince was curious to know about Diadem's reaction to his surprise takeover. He was sure that she was shocked and upset. Kaya ba hindi ito nagpapakita sa GOC? 

He understood Diadem's absence during the first day when he was elected as Chairman of the Board. It was a ploy to catch her unguarded. Ineexpect niya na susugurin siya nito oras na malaman nito na siya na ang bagong Chairman. 

Pero hindi iyon nangyari. Her camp was quiet that it annoyed him. Hindi na siya nakatiis. Lumabas siya sa kanyang opisina at napadaan sa opisina ni Diadem. He stopped for a moment as he shot curious stare at the door. 

Nakita niya si Roshelle sa usual na puwesto nito. She had a cubicle outside Diadem's office.

Lumapit siya sa abalang sekretarya. "Hi, Roshelle!" he was smiling impishly at the woman as he greeted her.

She looked startled as she saw him.

"Nandiyan ba si Ms. Elizalde?" kaswal niyang tanong dito.

"Wala po, Sir Vince," tipid na sagot nito.

"Absent?" he asked as his eyebrows cocked.

"Naku on leave po si Ma'am Diadem, Sir. Naka-indefinite leave," she informed him.

"Ganun ba." He eyed the door of Diadem's office again. "When is she coming back?"

Roshelle shook her head. "Hindi ko po alam eh."

"Ah..." He stayed for a minute as he looked at the chilling door. He heaved a sigh. Pagkatapos ay nagpaalam na siya sa babae na aalis na.

He didn't go back to his office. Now that Diadem wasn't in GOC, he had no reasons to stay. He had to take care of some other matters. He had two other companies that he had to supervise - the VB Construction and Infinity Oil. Two years ago after he decided to be based in Manila and was reaping success over VB Construction, he also expanded the market of Infinity Oil by bringing it to the Philippines.

He left the Elizalde Tower with a sinking feeling in his stomach. He hated to admit, but he felt disappointed for not seeing Diadem. 

And the thought that she was on an indefinite leave added more to his disappointment. He hadn't seen her for three days. And he had to count more indefinite days until she returns. 

Iniiwasan ba siya nito? Madilim ang mukha niya nang makarating siya sa basement kung saan naka-park ang kanyang sasakyan. He slid inside his fiery, red Ferrari after he unlocked the automatic door. 

He was still thinking of Diadem as he drove off the building. Parang biglang bumigat yata ang kanyang pakiramdam.

 The thought that he had to beat the traffic of Metro Manila made him feel more exhausted. He may have to let his chauffeur be in charge of the stirring wheel again so he could take a nap as he hops from one place to another. 

Sometimes when he felt like he wanted to drive, he puts his chauffeur on leave. Katulad na lamang ng nakaraang mga linggo. 

He was transient and busy, and driving gave him some sort of therapy as he tackled the issues in his life. 

But right now, how he wished that his chauffeur was here so that he could just slack in the passenger's seat and take a nap.