Chapter 17

PRESENT TIME

Diadem was back in the boardroom, the place where she was comfortable the most. For the past days, she tried to live as normal as she could. She shunned her mind from the thoughts of Vince.

Naniniwala siya sa kasabihang 'mind over matter'. That she could control about the thoughts that would linger on her mind. Ayaw na niyang isipin pa si Vince. She should not spend any dime of her energy thinking about that wretched man. The moment that she left Temptress Hotel and Resort, it was also the end of connection between the two of them. Or so she thought. Ayaw man niyang tanggapin pero patuloy siya nitong binibigyan ng sakit ng ulo. Dahil kahit anong gawin niya ay nakakapasok pa rin sa kanyang isipan ang lalaki. In fact, a day wouldn't pass without him pestering her thoughts, to her utter frustration.

Sinubukan niyang magtrabaho na lamang nang magtrabaho. Pinapagod niya ang sarili nang sa gayun ay hindi na niya maiisip ang lalaki sa kanyang pag-uwi, sa panahong nakahiga siya sa kanyang kama at pinipilit ang sariling makatulog. Wala pa siyang nabubuong plano kung papaano makapaghiganti kay Vince. Nag-iisip pa siya nang paraan. Isa pa ay hindi rin maalis sa kanyang isipan ang natuklasan na patay na pala si Winona. It was a chilling discovery. Something that she didn't expect.

Malalim ang iniisip niya nang sumungaw sa pintuan si Roshelle. "The Monthly Board Meeting is about to start, Ma'am Diadem," pagpapaalam nito. "Nasa conference room na po ang lahat ng Board of Directors."

"I'll be there in a minute, Roshelle," sagot niya sa babae pagkatapos ay tumayo na. She picked up the folder which contained the monthly report of GOC and went to the conference room.

Nandoon na nga ang members ng board nang makarating siya. She approached her desk, which was located at the center of an inverted u-shaped long table.

"Okay, let's start the meeting ladies and gentlemen..." Inilibot niya ang paningin sa mga taong nakaupo sa conference table nang may mapansin siya. Kulang ng tatlo ang Board of Directors ng GOC. "Where are Mr. Avida, delos Santos and Corona?" she asked, her brows were cocking.

"Don't you know it yet, Ms. Elizalde?" si Mrs. Socorro, isa sa senior board member na dumalo sa meeting na iyon.

Nangunot ang noo niya. "I didn't know anything. Please tell me about it, Mrs. Socorro," pormal na turan niya sa babae.

"Mr. Avida, along with Mr. delos Santos, and Corona, sold their shares just yesterday," pagpapaalam nito.

She was alarmed. Katumbas sa thirty percent ang shares ng tatlo. Kung sinuman ang nakabili ng shares ng mga ito ay pumapangalawa na sa kanya ang positon. She owned forty-five percent of GOC and she was the major stockholder.

"Who bought their shares?" Bakit hindi ipinaalam sa kanya ang pangyayaring ito? Ang matalas na pang-amoy niya ay nakalanghap nang hindi maganda.

Noon bumukas ang pinto ng conference room at pumasok ang isang matangkad na lalaki. He was looking so sleek and powerful in his three piece suit, nonetheless the hint of ruggedness that he always carry around persisted.

Colors departed her beautiful face as she saw him. She wasn't expecting the face of the devil to appear in her own conference room. Of all places!

She just wished he was just a product of her wild imagination. But when he smiled dangerously at her, she knew that he was real. His lips spoke a silent threat that she didn't miss. "It's payback time."

Her flesh trembled. She looked at the devil's goddamned face. He had that annoying smile on his lips. Heck, but spite him! The man who had been haunting her thoughts for days was now in front of her. And he was waging a war against her! Well, she wouldn't turn her face at his challenge. He wouldn't dare! She was ready.

But when her sight riveted at his powerful lips, the very same lips that kissed her for like eternity, and when she suddenly wanted to melt like an ice cream, she knew that she was in trouble - big, big trouble in particular. Oh no, but she needed to put on her shield and the devil was around! She closed her eyes and she saw her own self moaning and ranting unrecognizable sounds as his skillful lips introduced her to Nirvana.

God, she wanted to die that very minute! But no, she wouldn't let herself be blindsided this time around. She had learned her lesson the hard way. She wouldn't be the one on the losing end anymore. This meant war, and this time around, she wanted to be the winner.

"Good morning, Ms. Elizalde..." He cocked his head at her, his lips twisting in arrogance.

She pursed her lips and looked at him with hate in her eyes. "What the hell are you doing here?" she scowled in a controlled voice. Well, she wouldn't let him tear her poise.

Mas lalo lamang lumapad ang ngisi nito. "Is that how you welcome a new member of the board Ms. Elizalde?"

Nahigit niya ang hininga. Nalunok niya yata ang sariling dila nang marinig ang sinabi nito. He was the one who bought the other three board members' shares?

"I am the new member of the board, holding the second highest position in this company. Aren't you going to welcome me, Miss Elizalde?"

Napakurap siya. Parang isang malakas na bomba na sumabog iyon sa kanyang pandinig. Vince was the new member of the board? Oh God, that couldn't be! He just couldn't be in her company, inside her conference room! Hindi siya makakapayag!

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen..." he greeted the other board members who were just gaping at him. Ngumiti ang mga ito sa lalaki. "My name is Vince Boulos," pagpapakilala nito sa sarili. "It's nice meeting everyone of you here."

"Welcome to GOC, Mr. Boulos," ganting bati ng iba pang miyembro ng board dito.

Samantalang siya ay parang natuklaw ng ahas. Kung wala lamang ang mga tao sa kanilang paligid ay baka nag-word war na sila ni Vince. She hated him! Hated him more now that he infiltrated her teritory. So, he was really looking for trouble, huh? If that was what he really wanted, well, she would give it to him. She would even hand it to him in silver platter!