Chapter 24 continuation

True to his words, Rohan did hire a handful of security personnel to keep him in order. Nang makita siya ng mga ito ay para siyang wanted na hindi na nilubayan ng tingin at binantayan ang kanyang kilos. Mukhang napalagay lang ang mga ito nang makitang may kasama siyang babae.

Nginisihan niya ang mga bouncers na ang lalaki ng katawan. He wasn't a bit threatened. He was taller than most of them and he could knock them off, too.

Naghanap sila ng bakanteng mesa. Pinili niya iyong malayo sa karamihan. May dumaang waiter na nagsi-serve ng alcoholic beverages at tinawag niya iyon. "Scotch on the rocks?"

"Meron po, sir," sagot ng lumapit na waiter.

"Please serve me some. And a glass of Margarita for my lady companion."

"A minute, sir," magalang na sagot nito. Sandali itong nagpaalam upang kunin ang ni-request niya.

He was scanning the crowd. He could see familiar faces. They were Diadem and Rohan's family, friends and circle of acquaintances. The engagement party wasn't an intimate affair. In fact, a lot of people were invited. Maya-maya ay bumalik ang waiter dala ang inuming ni-request niya. He served his Scotch on the rocks and Jace's Margarita on their table. Pagkatapos ay nagpaalam na ito at umalis.

He immediately drank his liquor. Nakamata lamang si Jace sa kanya. He could sense her uneasiness.

"Drink your Margarita, Jace," kaswal na utos niya sa babae. "You need to loosen up a bit."

She sighed. "I'm really not comfortable here, Vince," wika nito at inabot ang baso ng Margarita.

"I know. I'm sorry to drag you into this Jace, but I need to. It's actually for you and me. Now, drink your Margarita. You need to do that before you'll see Rohan."

She just sighed and started to sip the ladies' drink. Samantalang siya ay kaagad na inubos ang kanyang inumin. Muli siyang humingi ng alak nang maubos ang iniinom niya.

Napakunot-noo siya nang makita si John sa paligid. May kausap ito. The man had that chinky smile on his face. He attended Diadem and Rohan's engagement, too? And from the looks on his face, he was as if enjoying the party. May mga kilala rin siyang tao na umatend sa engagement party na iyon. Kung hindi tango ay ngiti lamang ang isinusukli niya sa mga ito.

He saw Kiehl arrived with a beautiful woman in tow - si Altesia. He wondered if the two were already officially a couple. Lately ay palaging magkasama ang dalawa. Though he knew that Kiehl and Altesia often entangle themselves in a fight. But who knows, maybe someone already tamed who. Kinawayan lamang siya ni Kiehl na ginantihan naman niya. Altesia pulled him in a crowd of lovely It girls in the metro - her circle of friends.

Napailing na lamang siya. He wasn't expecting that Rohan and Diadem's engagemet party would be this fancy and star-studded. It was as if they were bragging their engagement to the world of the rich and the famous. Kung hindi pa niya sinugod si Rohan sa opisina nito ay hindi pa niya malalaman ang tungkol sa okasyon?

Napatiim-bagang siya. His attention riveted on the makeshift stage when an emcee spoke on the phone. Hudyat iyon na pormal nang magsisimula ang announcement ng engagement nina Rohan at Diadem. His face turned harder, his eyes became sharper as he tossed his glass in the air and drank the whisky. He was drinking any kind of liquor that he could get his hands to.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming tonight to celebrate the newly engaged couple - Rohan Tantuco and Diadem Elizalde's formal engagement party!" The emcee's gay and loud voice reverberated throughout the place. "We're here tonight to celebrate this wonderful union of two people who are madly in love with each other."

Muntik na siyang mabilaukan habang umiinom nang marinig ang sinabing iyon ng emcee. Madly in love with each other? That was bullshit! Padarag na ipinatong niya ang baso ng alak sa mesa. Tinawag ng emcee sina Rohan at Diadem at naningkit ang mga mata niya nang makita ang babae. She was like an apparition in her glittering silver gown. Diadem instantly stood out from the bunch of beautiful women in the party.

The queen of the boardroom transformed into a Hollywood siren hitting the red carpet in her seductive charms and elegant beauty. It was his first time to see her glammed up and all and he had to admit that Diadem looked phenomenal. She looked like a walking goddess as she climbed up the makeshift stage, with the spotlight following her every move.

He wasn't aware but his breath was stuck in his throat as his eyes ogled the lovely, newly engaged lady. And when his eyes slid beside her and saw Rohan assisting her, holding her elbow, as they approached the center of the stage, he felt as if he was kicked in the gut.