Chapter 15

Kaagad na lumapit sa kanya si Rohan nang makalabas na sa silid ang doktor.

"She was your sister?" tanong niya rito.

"Yeah..." sagot nito habang napakibit ng balikat. "Her name's Hannah, my only sister, and the doctor in the family."

"Oh!" She didn't expect that.

"So how are you feeling? I hope you feel better now..." si Rohan na umabot ng isang stool at umupo sa kanyang tabi.

She couldn't help but sigh. "I'm okay now, Rohan." She tried to hide the pain in her heart that was still there. "Anyways, thanks for the help. Baka kung ano na ang nangyari sa akin kanina kung hindi mo ako nadaluhan." She looked at him.

He smiled tenderly at her. His gentle face softened even more as he flashed her his pearly whites.

Napabuntong-hininga na naman siya. Kung sana ay hindi na niya nakilala si Vince at itinuon na lamang niya ang kanyang atensiyon kay Rohan, siguro ay hindi nasasaktan ang kanyang puso ngayon. Pero huli na ang lahat.

"Wala iyon, Diadem. I'm thankful that I was there during the crucial moment that you needed help..."

Binawi niya ang kanyang paningin at inilipat iyon sa puting kurtina sa loob ng clinic. Ang guwapo-guwapo ni Rohan pero hindi nagsa-somersault ang puso niya. Unlike when she was with Vince.

Sukat doon ay isang malalim na buntong-hininga ang pinakawalan niya.

How could Vince hurt her this way? She gave him her everything. She surrendered herself to him. But he just played with her feelings.

She didn't believe in love, but when Vince came in her life, he challenged her belief. And when she finally thought that she was in love with him, she saw him with a different woman. And it was so hard to take. Dahil doon ay nag-malfunction yata ang puso niya.

"Mukhang may problema ka, Diadem?" Rohan's tender voice took her attention. "If you need someone to talk to, I'm just here. I'm willing to listen..."

Ibinalik niya ang kanyang paningin sa mukha nito. She could see sympathy on his face. And that was enough to give her comfort. Naguguluhan siya at gusto niyang magtanong dito.

"What would you do if someone you've been dating with is also seeing someone else, Rohan?" Napalunok muna siya bago siya nagkalakas ng loob na isatinig ang laman ng kanyang isipan.

"So this is what's bothering you? Heart problem..." Pero walang bahid ng panghuhusga ang boses nito. "Kaya pala hindi kita mahagilap lately. You've been seeing someone else."

Napailing siya. How she wished she could turn back time and spent her days in the resort with Rohan and not with Vince. Siguradong buo pa ang puso niya ngayon.

"But to answer your question," anito maya-maya at muli niya itong binalingan ng pansin, "I will sure be hurt. Especially if I love that person so much..."

She just sighed. Para siyang nakakita ng kakampi ng mga sandaling iyon sa katauhan ni Rohan. He was right. Masakit iyon. Masakit na masakit.

"Sino ba ang lalaking nanakit sa iyo at ipapabugbog ko?" seryosong tanong nito.

But it sounded funny to her ears. It was enough to lighten her mood. Hindi niya ma-imagine na ang isang tulad ni Rohan ay mambubugbog ng ibang tao. If he only knew who did this to her.

"Care to tell me what happened?" muling tanong nito.

He didn't need to convince her more. She told him about her ordeal.

"I saw him with another girl on the beach..." Muntik na yatang pumiyok ang boses niya. "He hugged and kissed her while I watch. I don't know what to think..." Her eyes moistened and she was fighting the urge to shed a tear in front of Rohan.

Ginagap nito ang isa niyang kamay at marahang pinisil. "I know that was heartbreaking, Diadem, but did you confront him?"

Mariin siyang napailing. "Hindi ko na nagawa iyon, Rohan. I felt like my world crumbled that very moment. I was shocked..."

Muli nitong pinisil ang kanyang kamay. "You deserved better than that asshole, Diadem..."

"I know..." bahaw na pahayag niya. "Pero hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit nangyari ito. All the while I thought we have this mutual understanding... but... I was wrong..." Muntik na siyang pumiyok. God, this conversation with Rohan was starting to get so emotional!

"I understand... This is quite hard to take. Lalo na kung maraming katanungan ang naglalaro sa isipan mo. Why don't you confront him and settle the real score between the two of you? It would hurt you, yes, but it will also enlighten your mind. It will make moving on for you easier. Mahirap iyang hindi malinaw ang lahat."

A faint shadow of a smile crossed her face. Rohan made sense. Siguro ay iyon nga ang dapat na gawin niya.

She should confront Vince so she would have answers to her questions and doubts. That once and for all, she would understand. "Thank you, Rohan..." He was a great help to her.

"You're welcome, Diadem... Whatever happens, I'm just here. You could always run to me. I'm a friend from now on."