Chapter 22

Vince was pacing back and forth inside his room. Dalawang araw na siyang ganito. Hindi mapalagay. Magmula nang makita niya si John Sy sa loob ng opisina ni Diadem ay hindi na siya nagkaroon ng katahimikan.

He couldn't forget how she told him that she would marry that filthy old man so she could kick him out of GOC. Just the sight of any man touching her made him feel murderous. And there was Rohan, too. What was she planning all along? Marry an old man and keep a young man on the side? Christ! He kept on getting paranoid as days passed by.

Kailangan na niyang maisagawa ang kanyang plano sa lalong madaling panahon. He was getting impatient already. Inis na hinugot niya ang kanyang cellphone sa bulsa ng kanyang pantalon. He rang Kiehl's number. "Fuck! Kiehl, answer the damn phone!" he cursed as the line just kept on ringing.

Walang sumasagot sa tawag niya. He kept on punching the redial button. When he was about to throw his phone out of impatience, Kiehl answered on the other line.

"Vince, man, what's up?" sagot nito sa namamalat na boses. Obviously, he woke him up.

He knew that it was still five o'clock in the morning, but the hell he cares! He wanted to discuss his impending takeover of GOC with Kiehl.

"How are things going on, Kiehl?" he asked seriously as though he meant business. "Nagawa mo na ba ang ipinagagawa ko?"

"Man!" Napaungol nang malakas si Kiehl. "You woke me up just to check on that? It's not yet business hours, for Pete's sake! I thought you're having some sort of emergency."

"You know that this stuff is an emergency, Kiehl. I'm running out of patience already. You work too slow."

Kiehl groaned in protest. "Let's talk later, Vince. I have to go back to sleep now. Nahihilo pa ako. Kakatulog ko lang, bud. See you in Coffee Best later. Five o'clock in the afternoon. Okay?"

"Kiehl-" But the call got disconnected. Napamura na naman siya. He tried to call Kiehl back, but the bastard turned his phone off.

He pulled his hair in frustration. Five o'clock in the afternoon? My, that was fucking twelve hours from now! What would he do in twelve hours as he waits for Kiehl?

He went to the kitchen and opened his fridge. He still had bottles of beer. Kumuha siya ng dalawang bote at binuksan ang mga iyon. Bitbit ang dalawang bote ng beer ay pumunta siya sa balcony. He started drinking beer as his eyes wandered to the skyline of Metro Manila.

His condo unit had a great view of the sprawling Metropolis. He bought this 2-bedroom condo unit in La Verve a year ago. Six months after he paid his latest dig, La Verve's units were declared sold out.

Kiehl had a unit in the posh condominium as well. Pero hindi niya alam kung nandoon ang lalaki ngayon. May ibang condo units din kasi ito at minsan ay umuuwi sa mansion ng mga Sia. Sunod-sunod na nilagok niya ang laman ng bote ng beer hanggang sa maubos iyon. He threw the empty bottle in the trash can that was in the balcony.

Maliwanag na sa paligid. Wala na ang mga nagkikislapang bituin kagabi. He could see thin film of smog that hugged the ground. He was consuming his second bottle of beer when he felt a little weary. Sana naman ay makakatulog na siya sa pagkakataong ito. His brain started to get tired thinking about a lot things.

Maya-maya pa ay nakakaramdam na siya ng antok. Inubos niya ang laman ng ikalawang bote ng beer at itinapon iyon sa basurahan. He slid back to his room. It felt good to finally hit the sack.