I Need A Break... I Need A Kitkat... lol!

Magmula nang makapasok sa GOC si Vince ay hindi na mapalagay si Diadem. She knew that it was not just plain paranoia. Malakas ang kanyang kutob. At kapag kinukutuban siya, more or less ay nagkakatotoo iyon.

She knew that Vince was up to something notorious behind her back. He was able to buy the other three board members' shares without her knowledge. And according to the grapevine, the three board members took home more than what they should get. Vince splurged an insane amount just to infiltrate her teritory. And she had to watch him. She had to secure the other remaining board members. She couldn't afford to have another one or two members of the board sell their shares to Vince. Patay siya kapag nagkataon.

She sighed deeply. She had just a meeting with the remaining board Members to conduct a loyalty check. So far, mukhang okay naman ang naging pag-uusap nila. Pero hindi pa rin siya mapalagay. She knew how money works. And Vince surely had the money to convince any board member for a sell out. Frustrated na napatingala siya sa kisame. Gawd! Bakit kailangang magkaroon ng limpak-limpak na salapi ni Vince? If he wasn't that filthy rich, she wasn't this miserable now. She was scourging for options, but it seemed that she had a few. She could buy his shares, but the wretched man priced it more than what she could afford. Three times the market value of his shares was like more than what she had now.

She could afford the price, but it meant that she had to sell every bit of her assets and properties just to come up with the amount. And it was a crazy idea. Shit! Shit! Shit! Napatampal siya sa noo habang parang baliw na pabalik-balik sa paglalakad sa loob ng kanyang opisina.

What if mangungutang siya? Bilyones ang kailangan niyang utangin kapag nagkataon. At hindi niya alam kung may bangkong magpapautang sa kanya nang ganoon kalaking halaga. Ang sakit na ng ulo niya sa kakaisip sa kung ano ang kanyang dapat na gawin. Ngayon pa lamang sumakit nang ganito ang kanyang ulo. Arrgh! But it was just so frustrating to be stuck in this insane situation!

Then, she stopped and snapped her fingers when an idea struck her mind. Kailangan niyang paramihin ang kanyang kayamanan at palakasin ang kanyang kapangyarihan. Nang sa ganoon ay makakaya na niyang labanan si Vince. And she needed a very, very rich man to do that.

Her eyes twinkled when she thought of someone. He was a business tycoon, a big wig in the industry. He had several businesses including banks, malls and telecommunications. At sixty, his name contantly appears in the list of Forbes Richest Men in Asia. And the dirty old man had been hounding her for years now. She apparently jilted him several years ago flat in the face, but sometimes, he would still let her know about his presence. And he could be her savior during this stormy phase of her life.

Excited na kinuha niya ang kanyang cellphone at nag-send ng text. Buti na lamang at hindi siya mahilig magbura ng mga numero sa contact list niya.

She typed in Hey, how are you? and sent it to a particular number. It didn't take long for her phone to buzz. He answered her text right away.

Well, no words can explain how happy I am right now that such a sweet lady texted me. Jesus, but this is a miracle! So how are you, sweetie?

Napailing na lamang siya nang mabasa ang reply nito. The old man really had a sweet tongue, but other than that, he was a good man. In fact, he was a philantrophist. Matagal na itong biyudo at ang sabi nito noon sa kanya ay magpapakasal lamang daw ito ulit kapag siya ang napangasawa nito. Her answer before was a big, flat NO, but things were different now. Marrying him wasn't a bad idea afterall. In fact, it was a smart option.

Ah... may alas pa naman pala siyang natitira. And she would use her last ace wisely this time around.